Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1726

Joined

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

Location

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by Ed Vermillion » Sun May 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Have had a massage therapist for several years who has attended to the accumulated aches, pains and muscle spasms inherent with age and life but she has retired recently and am looking for a replacement. Need someone skilled in deep tissue therapy or rolf. I've been going to S Indiana for 4 years but prefer to find a practioner in the Oldham County or East Louisville area. Thanks for your help.
User avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1691

Joined

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Location

Highlands

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by Jackie R. » Sun May 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Hey Ed - Massages are not something that I treat myself to nearly as often as I should, but I have had several professional experiences in my life. The best I've ever had was with a student/friend that couldn't accept payment because he was required to accrue the hours for certification. It lasted 2 3/4 hrs, so that's probably why I liked it the best :-). Massage schools do accept clients at a discounted rate compared with what you would pay at a standard facility, just like hair design schools, but obviously that's at a risk.

Having said that, I have this: I've been to Z's Salon and Spa for massages several times, and I've always revered it as professional, comfortable, and talented. They have three locations - Bardstown Rd, The Seelbach, and Shelbyville Rd at Hurstbourne. Bardstown Rd doesn't do massage, and they are in the process of closing the Seelbach location (or at least the Spa services?) with one therepist - if even that now - so your option is pretty much only the East End. My mom and I had massages there for Mother's Day. I had a 1 hour $70 massage (take note - they have a NO tipping policy!) with the "Z Talent" (Cayce), and I told her that she COULD NOT hurt me by applying too much pressure and requested deep tissue. They take a survey of your preferences and I thought I was pretty clear, but she was too weak. My mom had the $80 massage with a more experienced therapist and her report was that it couldn't have been more decadent than it was, and she also likes it rough. My previous deep tissues there have been wayyy stronger, so I responded to the feedback email and received a very concerned response from the director with a suggestion to request Autumn or Cindy on my next visit. Aside from the inadequate deep tissue, the spa experience has always been wonderful with nice refreshments, sauna, quick foot rub, etc. So there you have it - if you decide to try it out, ask for Autumn or Cindy.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1970

Joined

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by GaryF » Mon May 21, 2012 12:44 am

Ed- My friend Bill who visits regularly swears by the gentleman at http://motus.massagetherapy.com/
Bill gets massages in PA and NYC and says this guy is the best. I asked if it was deep tisssue and he said it was- though it doesn't say anything about it on the website.
It's seems to be close to St Matthews Mall which is much closer to you than IN.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

619

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by Heather L » Mon May 21, 2012 9:38 am

Lotus 9 studio in the Vogue Center! Amy Guyton is the owner and has been in business for 9+ years.

http://www.lotus9studio.com/
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Michele Cull

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

258

Joined

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

Location

Original Highlands

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by Michele Cull » Mon May 21, 2012 3:53 pm

I don't get to go much but Kenny Lyons at http://www.relaxrenewrevive.net/ is fantastic! I felt very comfortable with him. Wish I could go every week.


MissChele
MissChele
User avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1691

Joined

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Location

Highlands

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by Jackie R. » Tue May 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Heather L wrote:Lotus 9 studio in the Vogue Center! Amy Guyton is the owner and has been in business for 9+ years.

http://www.lotus9studio.com/


I've known Amy since I was a pre-teen! We played softball together and lived in the same subdivision, and she was my idol. I totally forgot that she went into the massage therapy business, and had no idea that she went into business for herself. She's an awesome person with huge guns, so I'm sure this is a good recommendation - I'll have to check in soon, for sure. Thanks for the link.
User avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1930

Joined

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Location

Shelby County

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by TP Lowe » Wed May 23, 2012 8:01 am

Elements off Westport Road has a bevy of good deep-tissue gals/guys. I think Shelby is the best - Anna is also great.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

619

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by Heather L » Wed May 23, 2012 9:27 am

Jackie R. wrote:
Heather L wrote:Lotus 9 studio in the Vogue Center! Amy Guyton is the owner and has been in business for 9+ years.

http://www.lotus9studio.com/


I've known Amy since I was a pre-teen! We played softball together and lived in the same subdivision, and she was my idol. I totally forgot that she went into the massage therapy business, and had no idea that she went into business for herself. She's an awesome person with huge guns, so I'm sure this is a good recommendation - I'll have to check in soon, for sure. Thanks for the link.


Shut the hell up! You are an Orchard Grass girl too?? That where I grew up - Amy and I went to my first punk shows together when we were 14-15 years old.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1691

Joined

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Location

Highlands

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by Jackie R. » Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Heather L wrote:
Jackie R. wrote:
Heather L wrote:Lotus 9 studio in the Vogue Center! Amy Guyton is the owner and has been in business for 9+ years.

http://www.lotus9studio.com/


I've known Amy since I was a pre-teen! We played softball together and lived in the same subdivision, and she was my idol. I totally forgot that she went into the massage therapy business, and had no idea that she went into business for herself. She's an awesome person with huge guns, so I'm sure this is a good recommendation - I'll have to check in soon, for sure. Thanks for the link.


Shut the hell up! You are an Orchard Grass girl too?? That where I grew up - Amy and I went to my first punk shows together when we were 14-15 years old.


Autumn Bent Way, baby! I was in the 8th grade when she was a senior, but SOHS was in it's first year without enough softball players so they let me play, and I even got to play infield varsity with Amy! She befriended my sister (Janice - 1st base) and hooked her up with a hot skater boy who drove a bug - she truly was the coolest girl I knew in OC.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

619

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by Heather L » Wed May 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Jackie R. wrote:
Autumn Bent Way, baby! I was in the 8th grade when she was a senior, but SOHS was in it's first year without enough softball players so they let me play, and I even got to play infield varsity with Amy! She befriended my sister (Janice - 1st base) and hooked her up with a hot skater boy who drove a bug - she truly was the coolest girl I knew in OC.


Side Oats Drive here! lol....She and I graduated together - yep first class from SOHS. We started going to shows together when we were freshmen but she was straight edge and I.....well, I wasn't. :oops: She is a wonderful person and a great massage therapist!

Go Oldham County girls!!
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1691

Joined

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Location

Highlands

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by Jackie R. » Wed May 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Heather L wrote:
Jackie R. wrote:
Autumn Bent Way, baby! I was in the 8th grade when she was a senior, but SOHS was in it's first year without enough softball players so they let me play, and I even got to play infield varsity with Amy! She befriended my sister (Janice - 1st base) and hooked her up with a hot skater boy who drove a bug - she truly was the coolest girl I knew in OC.


Side Oats Drive here! lol....She and I graduated together - yep first class from SOHS. We started going to shows together when we were freshmen but she was straight edge and I.....well, I wasn't. :oops: She is a wonderful person and a great massage therapist!

Go Oldham County girls!!


Aww, go Lady Dragons! I probably walked past your house 500-1000 times as a little girl. And just so I don't sound like a yarn spinner in case you ever read me yammering on about growing up in the highlands - we did relocate at the end of my freshman year (I'm a fact checker, so I always assume everyone else is too). Connecting our streets was W. Orchard Blvd, if I remember correctly, so do you happen to remember the blond haired Thielmeier twins that were one year behind you and lived on that road ( :oops: I'm totally exemplifying the whole "where did you go to high school and do you know..." bit - sorry! :oops: )? If so, you might appreciate this photo that Jason sent me just a couple of hours ago (completely unrelated to this discussion, of course). Sorry, I just can't resist:
Attachments
jason4.JPG
jason4.JPG (24.21 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

619

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by Heather L » Thu May 24, 2012 10:39 am

Totally remember the twins - we have TONS of friends in common - and I still see Jason (sometimes Steven as well) quite a bit at shows.

Ok - sorry Ed for the thread highjack!
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1726

Joined

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

Location

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by Ed Vermillion » Fri May 25, 2012 10:13 am

No worries about the thread jack Heather, keeps the mundane interesting! Thanks for all the suggestions.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1398

Joined

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Location

Hikes Point

Re: Deep Tissue Massage Therapist needed

by Michelle R. » Fri May 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Shannon Head at Hands Above the Rest. She's amazing!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign