Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Breast Cancer Surgeon recommendation?

by Deb Hall » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:13 pm

I'm a 6 year survivor, and a good friend was just diagnosed with Stage1 this week. She is looking for a breast oncological surgeon for a second opinion; unfortunately, my wonderful Dr. has left Louisville and is now at Yale. Anybody have any recommendations in Louisville, preferably associated with the James Brown Cancer Center- they were/are wonderful!

Deb
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

Re: Breast Cancer Surgeon recommendation?

by BevP » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Deb I don't think you could go wrong with anyone at the Brown...My Sister is a 2 year survivor of Colon cancer and they made all the difference in the world for all of us.
PS...Prayers for your friend!!!
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Dr. David Walker is a general surgeon, but he did my mom's breast cancer surgery, and he's done many others. He also did my husband's herna repair. He's our family's go-to guy, clearly. Since he's not a breast oncological surgeon, he might not be exactly what your friend is looking for, but he has an excellent track record.
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

by Megan Watts » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:44 am

For reconstruction there iS Dr. Noll. He did my coworkers and her daughters reconstruction. He also did another r coworkers implants. Which looked so good that you couldn't tell she had implants!
no avatar
User

KimberlyW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:42 pm

by KimberlyW » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:01 am

You cannot go wrong by going to The Brown Cancer Center. I am the social worker on the breast cancer team, pm me if you like and we can talk.
no avatar
User

SallyH

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:09 pm

by SallyH » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 am

Dr. Scott Jones did my mastectomy and Dr. Tom Noel did my tram flap reconstruction and I cannot say enough good things about both of them. The procedures were performed at Baptist East where I also had an excellent experience. I found both doctors and their staffs' to be professional, caring and sensitive. They turned a very scary and upsetting experience into something which became very manageable. I am now under the continuing care of Dr. Jeff Hargis who is considered to be the foremost local expert on breast cancer.