Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Shane Campbell

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Hoosierville

KITCH GIRL MUST MARCH!!!!

by Shane Campbell » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Deb Hall has impressed me as a very strong person. Hell she's a foodie super hero! She's beautiful, talented, funny, and best of all seemingly unaware of it. Like most, I'm drawn to such people and even though many of her posts are way above my head, I read them anyway. Deb just paid me the honor of including me in an e-mail she sent to her friends. I think she has more friends than she realizes!

Please read her words below. “Warning – tissues required”

My amazing daughter Sara nominated me to march in the Survivors Parade before Oaks this year. She ( on her own) wrote an incredible nomination and has been working really hard to drum up votes from her friends. It would mean the world to her if I was one of the winners.

You can read her submission here: http://admin.kentuckyderby.com/oaks/survivors/deborah-louisville-kentucky-0I'd appreciate it if you'd consider voting for me and spread the word if you are comfortable. Only 2 days left to vote- you can vote once per device every 24 hours. I'm very proud of my daughter and she will be "over the moon" as only a teenage girl can be if she wins this for me.

Thanks,
Deb
I'm a bitter drinker....I just prefer it that way
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Re: KITCH GIRL MUST MARCH!!!!

by JustinHammond » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Thanks for posting. It is a shame that people have to "win" a spot to march. I've voted and will vote as often as I can.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:57 pm

It won't let me vote. It says "No votes available." Help?
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:11 pm

Shane-
Now you went and made me cry at work... :cry: :D
You are really sweet to do this- thanks alot!

Justin,
I agree- wouldn't it be fabulous to see an entire sea of Pink on the infield!!!. To be fair though, Downs selects 138 winners ( as it's the 138th Derby) and treats the winner and guest to Oaks tickets and a luncheon. They simply can't do that for the over 350+ entries this year.( I'm hoping to bring my baby sister up from Mississippi to join me- she was diagnosed herself last year.)

Brad-
You are likely doing it from your office. The voing is done by IP- so likely you are sharing an IP with others in your office and someone else already voted ( for someone else). The contest recommends voting from a home computer and/or a smartphone to avoid this issue. The rules allow you to vote once every 24 hours ( note not daily) from each device. Contest ends tomorrow at 5:00 EST.

You guys are great, and just made my week with your support!! Thanks!
Kitch Girl
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:59 pm

For all the facebook users, there is a share button on the Derby website. Please share it on your wall and encourage your friends to vote and we'll have Deb dodging horse shit in no time.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Shane Campbell

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Hoosierville

by Shane Campbell » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:52 pm

JustinHammond wrote:For all the facebook users, there is a share button on the Derby website. Please share it on your wall and encourage your friends to vote and we'll have Deb dodging horse shit in no time.

That's a great idea Justin! Both Donna and Laura have shared it on their facebook and I've sent several e-mails and even made a few phone calls. If you have a smart phone you can vote from it as well as your home pc as long as the smart phone's internet connection is 3/4G instead of wifi.

Come on folks, the last I check Deb had 43 votes on the website. There have been quite a few more views than that on this link. I hope people will take a few moments and vote when they get home. There are only 138 spots and there are over 350 entrants.

I want to go see Deb march in the parade and probably shout inappropriate things from the safety of the crowd!
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Okay, I've officially gone viral! :lol: Sara just came running outside, asking me if I know a "Laura Campbell"? I said no, why? and she explained that she and her boyfriend were looking at his Facebook and a request to vote for me suddenly showed up on his Facebook. :lol:

We are pretty blown away. Voting was at 130 this morning and is now at over 190.

Thanks again, guys! I never expected this. Shane, please thank your daughter for me.

Deb
User

Shane Campbell

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Hoosierville

by Shane Campbell » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Okay, I've officially gone viral! :lol: Sara just came running outside, asking me if I know a "Laura Campbell"? I said no, why? and she explained that she and her boyfriend were looking at his Facebook and a request to vote for me suddenly showed up on his Facebook. :lol:

We are pretty blown away. Voting was at 130 this morning and is now at over 190.

Thanks again, guys! I never expected this. Shane, please thank your daughter for me.

Deb

I will Deb, but I hope you'll get a chance to do so yourself. We'll get everyone together one of these days!
no avatar
User

Doug A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Highlands

by Doug A » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Brad Keeton wrote:It won't let me vote. It says "No votes available." Help?

Brad may be on to something.

I voted from home and work via VPN this evening so 2 seperate IP addresses and it worked fine. Tried voting with 2 different iPhones on 3G, not WiFi so they had different IPs, and it would not allow the votes from the iPhones.

Good luck Deb, but it does not appear to be working as advertised.
User

Shane Campbell

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Hoosierville

by Shane Campbell » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Deb Hall wrote:she explained that she and her boyfriend were looking at his Facebook and a request to vote for me suddenly showed up on his Facebook.

Talk about a small world Deb. Laura knows Malloy from church camp!
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:07 am

Deb Hall wrote: Brad-
You are likely doing it from your office. The voing is done by IP- so likely you are sharing an IP with others in your office and someone else already voted ( for someone else). The contest recommends voting from a home computer and/or a smartphone to avoid this issue. The rules allow you to vote once every 24 hours ( note not daily) from each device. Contest ends tomorrow at 5:00 EST.

You guys are great, and just made my week with your support!! Thanks!
Kitch Girl

You are smart. I tried again from my office computer this morning, with no luck. I just tried it from my iPhone, and it allowed me to vote.

Good luck Deb!
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Greater 'burbs of Detroit

by Madeline M » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:24 am

Voted and shared! Good luck!
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks, Doug and Brad!!

Doug- I love your dedication- particularly as I don't believe we've met. What a nice thing to do for a stranger! :D I too have had problems with it not letting me vote when it should have- but I put it down to user error... :roll:

I'm up to over 210 votes now! :D

Deb
User

Shane Campbell

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Hoosierville

by Shane Campbell » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Looking at the web site votes I believe Deb is right at the "104" position right now. If the voting ended now she would be in.

However, I have been given certain confidentail information that trailing entrants have begun contacting the evil voting bot masterminds of Louisianna and they may surge forward. You doubt?

Evil Voting Bot Masterminds, LLC of Lafayette Louisianna were without a doubt the cause of Louisville's loss in Southen Living's "Tastiest Town Contest." It says so right in their share holder's statement.

So if you haven't already notched a vote for Deb. Please do so. If you haven't contacted at least one friend, consider doing so. I have e-mailed the voting link to Ramstein Germany, Tiffin OH, Converse TX, and several other places. People who received those e-mails replied immediately that they had voted for Deb. Then they asked who the hell I was?

Whatever it takes. Cheers!
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Shane Campbell wrote:Looking at the web site votes I believe Deb is right at the "104" position right now. If the voting ended now she would be in.

However, I have been given certain confidentail information that trailing entrants have begun contacting the evil voting bot masterminds of Louisianna and they may surge forward. You doubt?

Evil Voting Bot Masterminds, LLC of Lafayette Louisianna were without a doubt the cause of Louisville's loss in Southen Living's "Tastiest Town Contest." It says so right in their share holder's statement.

So if you haven't already notched a vote for Deb. Please do so. If you haven't contacted at least one friend, consider doing so. I have e-mailed the voting link to Ramstein Germany, Tiffin OH, Converse TX, and several other places. People who received those e-mails replied immediately that they had voted for Deb. Then they asked who the hell I was?

Whatever it takes. Cheers!

LOL.

Who ARE you again?

DEb
Next