Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Yarmuth on Colbert Report

User

Bayard Donaldson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:54 am

Louisville, KY

Yarmuth on Colbert Report

by Bayard Donaldson » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:39 pm

Hello, As a long time reader and user of all the great info derived from your collective minds and taste buds, I am using the new forum format as an opportunity to start posting on my favorite forum.

Our much loved Courier Journal reported today that John Yarmuth was going to be on Comedy Central's The Colbert Report sometime next week. If you haven't seen this show before, this would be a good time to start. It is both funny and informative. I have looked on Comedy Central's website and can't find the exact day it will air. Anyone know?
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

by Laura SS » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:17 pm

It's scheduled for Thursday, March 8, I believe, and hopefully it will be awesome indeed. It'll be part of the "Better Know a District" segment, where Colbert talks to Representatives from around the country. He's been on before, when Colbert breezed through a "Welcome to Congress" event so he could "Better Know" as many new people as possible. Yarmuth reportedly understands how Colbert's show works (unlike some interviewees), so it'll be interesting to see how the editing makes him look. :)
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:19 am

User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:54 am

Damn.
The segment just finished.

Colbert and Yarmuth debating 'Kittens in woodchipper'?

Golden.

The entire segment was beautiful, fun as hell, and even more entertaining than i hoped.

Kudos to Yarmuth.

If you missed it... find it!

Glad we recorded in on DVR for the rest of our roomies.
If you're even the slightest Yarmuth supporter...
It's priceless.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Chris Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Shepherdsville

by Chris Dunn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:43 am

You can find the entire segment on http://www.comedycentral.com. Good stuff!