Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Anyone know what's up with Baptist Eastpoint Hospital ?

by Steve P » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:49 pm

OK...So I drive down the Gene Snyder pretty regularly and I've noticed for (like) forever that the BRAND NEW Baptist Eastpoint Hospital is (like) a freaking ghost town...Ya go by at night and there might be two or three cars in the entire parking lot and damn near every light in the place is off...More or less the same thing during the day...a few (less than half a dozen) cars in the parking lot and that's about it....BUT...I keep getting all this crap in the mail touting their "Urgent" care at Eastpoint...and if you go online their website is alive and well and touting all kinds of cutting edge treatments available. SO...wazzz-up with all this ? Is this hospital (like) some kind of white elephant or does it really exist. ??????
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Re: Anyone know what's up with Baptist Eastpoint Hospital ?

by JustinHammond » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 pm

I guess it is so nice out in the "East End" that people don't get sick. :lol:
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:59 pm

It is an out-patient facility only. Day Surgery, physical therapy, tests, urgent care, offices. It may be that it is so new that it has not built up a patient base yet. Also with the new Jewish and Norton facilities nearby, maybe the numbers are not there yet.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Suzi Bernert wrote:It is an out-patient facility only. Day Surgery, physical therapy, tests, urgent care, offices. It may be that it is so new that it has not built up a patient base yet. Also with the new Jewish and Norton facilities nearby, maybe the numbers are not there yet.

Seems like a damn big building for an outpatient clinic... :? Happened to drive by there today while running errands and the parking lot was (again) damn near empty. No biggie, thanks for the info, I was just curious.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

by Megan Watts » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:14 pm

I've heard from insiders that they're having trouble filling the space there. With all the new hospitals/medical facilities in the area there's a whole lotta space, and not a lot of takers!
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:27 pm

I have been regularly using Jewish Northeast and used Norton Brownsboro several times. The parking lots at both those faciites have been quite busy/filled!
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Had a 5-year screening colonoscopy at Baptist Eastpoint last October...state-of-the art facility with competent, professional staff...would return there anytime, should the need arise.
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
User

Jenn Desjardins

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Louisville, KY

by Jenn Desjardins » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Having recently moved to Louisville and in need of a physician I called a million places to find just a GP and no one was excepting new patients. Baptist Eastpoint was where I landed. I had out-patient surgery there too. Every physician/ nurse that I have come into contact with has been so kind, and the facility is immaculate. Fancy East- End -ers INDEED!