Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Allison Williams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:26 am

Highlands

I need COMPUTER HELP!!! PLEASE! SOS

by Allison Williams » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:09 pm

Need to extract files/photos from my computer. The issue is that my hardware is fried! A friend said he could see the files but he couldn't get to them because of the hardware issue. My computer is under warranty for hardware but before I send it off I need to retrieve those files/photos because my dumb@!! didn't back them up like I should have. There are family pics and writing and important docs. that I cannot lose. If anyone can help please let me know.

Thank You
Allison
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." ~Leonardo da Vinci
no avatar
User

David B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:38 am

by David B » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:11 pm

can you take the hard drive out and put it on another computer? I think that would be the easiest way if the hard drive still works. You would need to use a friends computer, one who knew how to install a second hard drive.
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:58 pm

Allison, if you can get the hard drive to me, I can probably do it for you. Plus, it would give me an excuse to see you!
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
User

jpdurbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Louisville, KY

Amy Hoover has the correct solution

by jpdurbin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:29 pm

If it has the same interface, she can set it to slave and pull the data. If the HD is having issues, have Amy place it in a freezer then try it. Was it clicking?
Johnathan P. Durbin
http://jpdurbin.net/
A Member of http://www.ThePCGurus.com