Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Atkins Diet

no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

Atkins Diet

by robert szappanos » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:53 pm

:D I know that I have not posted in a while but I am still on the Atkins Diet and it has and still is working. I started at 247 and now weight 178. My waist went from 47 to 38 inches and I just had to have my wedding band resized because it would just fall off my finger. That went from a 10 and 3/4 to a size 9. My shirt size has gone from a 2x to a meduim. I am now maintaning my weight and have intriduced more CARBS in my diet. I still have to watch the bread and pasta but now I can at least have some from time to time. :D
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:04 pm

Congrats! I recently lost 100+ lbs myself and I know what a long journey it is, especially when you consider yourself a "foodie". I didn't use Atkins, just limited carbs and calorie restriction.
Good luck reintroducing carbs, it is very easy to let them take over if you are not vigilant.
Keep up the great work.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:18 pm

I did not use Atkins to a tee either. They key for me was reducing the carbs and trying to eat only good carbs. It is funny that if you do this the calorie side is not that important assuming that you get a little active like walking.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:01 am

Welcome back Robert and congrats on your dietary success! That is awesome :!:
We've missed your postings and I look forward to your input on whatever's going on in town.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:26 am

Congrats Robert - that's awesome! I'm not much of a diet person, but I did start weight watchers in an effort to change my eating habits forever. So far I've lost over 20 lbs. The larger amount of weight that you have lost is really inspiring though. I'm really happy for you and wish you more success!!!!
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:48 pm

Hmmm, I wonder how I'm losing weight in my diet... I'm eating all types of food, and exercising. Quite the mystery. :)
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:20 pm

Not only does the reduction of carbs help keep the weight off, it also helps to prevent the dreaded type II diabetes that is afflicting so many people now.
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:Not only does the reduction of carbs help keep the weight off, it also helps to prevent the dreaded type II diabetes that is afflicting so many people now.

Yes, it's very good to reduce carbs. I just like to remind everyone that human beings need some carbs in their diet. Total elimination is just not healthy.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:29 pm

We need carbs but the GOOD ones....
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:36 pm

Keep the whole grains. Lose the pop-tarts.