Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:40 am

Progressive does have great claims service and they recently lowered their rates. I was with Progressive for 3 years but recently switched to Cincinnati Insurance after shopping my rates for a few months. They saved us $100/month.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:39 pm

Most people shop for insurance based solely on the lowest rate. Then they are unpleasantly surprised when they need to use the insurance to cover some type of loss. I am so consistently disappointed with the way many insurance companies treat their own insureds, especially those who make a claim after paying premiums for years.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:24 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:Most people shop for insurance based solely on the lowest rate. Then they are unpleasantly surprised when they need to use the insurance to cover some type of loss. I am so consistently disappointed with the way many insurance companies treat their own insureds, especially those who make a claim after paying premiums for years.

I have State Farm and have had two major claims and one minor in the last 15 years. Rates did not go up after any of them. In fact they keep showing "safe driver discount". Also getting the vehicles fixed couldn't have been easier. Take to adjuster, take to body shop. Body shop calls adjuster if something not seen on the original inspection. Pick up vehicle. Never heard from other people involved, so I guess they took care of them including one injury accident.

No tickets. I just run into other moving things, I guess.

I would probably have to live to be 300 hundred years old and not have another accident in order for them to make any money off me.

... Off the subject .. Hall's body shop in beautiful downtown Buechel does great work and basically on time ... Also Etscorns in Buechel is good.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:08 pm

Halls does do great work.

I wasn't really speaking of property damage in terms of making a claim. That is pretty cut and dried. I was speaking about clients who have been horrifically injured and need their B.I. coverage to pay medical bills and cover lost wages. That's when I start seeing very bad behavior by certain insurance companies. It's shameful.
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:42 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:Halls does do great work.

I wasn't really speaking of property damage in terms of making a claim. That is pretty cut and dried. I was speaking about clients who have been horrifically injured and need their B.I. coverage to pay medical bills and cover lost wages. That's when I start seeing very bad behavior by certain insurance companies. It's shameful.

It's important to remember that everyone should have uninsured motorist, underinsured motorist coverage, and personal injury protection (PIP) for that very reason. Another problem with insurance in general is that rarely is it explained why you need more coverage than the state minimum limits (25/50/10). That barely covers one day in the hospital. My old insurance agent put it this way--you never know who your going to be involved in an accident with--could be a brain surgeon and the state minimum will not cover those kind of costs.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:17 pm

jessica: that's good advice. I tell my clients to get at least 100/300 of liability, UM, and UIM. extra PIP is good too.

Then have a company that will actually pay it when you need it, especially the PIP and UIM.
no avatar
User

JW Purple

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:34 pm

South End - Louisville

State Farm problems

by JW Purple » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:18 pm

We recently had a good experience with State Farm (agent Gerald Schott). My wife had an accident that looked like it was our fault, and the settlement (>$10k) was worked out quickly. Even when the original estimate was increased they just wrote the check.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

State Farm

by Bill Veneman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:07 pm

I've had State Farm for (gulp) almost 30 years, and have not complaints. I shopped for better rates and couldn't find them anywhere. And on a recent claim, I had my car fixed withing 10 days of the occurance. Not bad at all.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:52 pm

SF does a fine job adjusting property damage claims.
Previous