Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Food and Wine

User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Food and Wine

by Heather Y » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:13 pm

Have seen that a few Louisville establishments have gotten nods from Food and Wine magazine this month!

They include, Proof, Blue Dog, Lilly's, Oak Room, Toast, Basa, and Sari Sari!

(sorry if I left anyone out)

Go Louisville! :D
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Food and Wine

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:16 pm

Heather Y wrote:Have seen that a few Louisville establishments have gotten nods from Food and Wine magazine this month!

They include, Proof, Blue Dog, Lilly's, Oak Room, Toast, Basa, and Sari Sari!

(sorry if I left anyone out)

Go Louisville! :D

Any familiar name on the byline, Heather? I hate to be cynical, but I've never found <i>Food & Wine</i> a favorite. Other than the good publicity, did the article appear to have been written by someone who knew what they were talking about?
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

Food and Wine

by Heather Y » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:41 pm

It is an editorial from three writers, "Food and Wine across America", the piece on Louisville was written (with photos) by ASSISTANT RESEARCH EDITOR EMERY VAN HOOK. Other cities mentioned were Cleveland, Memphis, and St. Louis.

At least she had the good sense to have good taste!
I think the photos are decent. Really nice one for Blue Dog using their Levain bread. Another for Proof with a lovely banquette and a trip tych above,
and the Oakroom's Jerry Slater whipping up a concoction only the Oakroom could come up with....Bufala Negra, bourbon, balsamic, basil, and ginger ale.

The article also mentions some of our art galleries.. Zephyr,Gallery NuLu, and of course mention of Laura Lee Brown and Steve Wilsons', 21C Museum hotel!
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

food and wine

by Heather Y » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:59 pm