Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Wells Fargo-Kudos

User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

Wells Fargo-Kudos

by Bill P » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:17 pm

NJ and I have been trying to manage her brother's affairs via Power of Attorney since he was admitted into VA care in August. In the course of reviewing his bank statements, we noticed he was incurring needless service charges. During my conversation with one of their customer bankers, he noticed that my brother in law had a direct deposit from his VA disability payment and he went on to detail some of the trials and tribulations his father had with the VA. The banker profusely thanked Paul for his service and went through, in detail, other checking options that would not involve service charges. This I expected from him, but without being asked, he went to his manager and received authorization to reimburse all fees incurred by his account since January.
We all hear criticisms about big banks, many justified, but in this instance they went above and beyond in Thanking a Veteran.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Wells Fargo-Kudos

by Steve P » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:36 pm

Bill P wrote:NJ and I have been trying to manage her brother's affairs via Power of Attorney since he was admitted into VA care in August. In the course of reviewing his bank statements, we noticed he was incurring needless service charges. During my conversation with one of their customer bankers, he noticed that my brother in law had a direct deposit from his VA disability payment and he went on to detail some of the trials and tribulations his father had with the VA. The banker profusely thanked Paul for his service and went through, in detail, other checking options that would not involve service charges. This I expected from him, but without being asked, he went to his manager and received authorization to reimburse all fees incurred by his account since January.
We all hear criticisms about big banks, many justified, but in this instance they went above and beyond in Thanking a Veteran.

We used Wells Fargo in MN and never had anything but good things to say about 'em. Glad to hear they went the extra mile for ya.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio