Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

OT plea.....HELP ROOT FOR THE CUBS!

by Jeremy J » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:49 am

OK....so as a fellow wine/food enthusiast....please, join me tomorrow in rooting for the Cubbies in a rare post-season appearance against the Arizona Diamondbacks....uhg, we need to at least get to the series!

6PM EST on TBS!

sorry to divert...
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 am

Lyndon

by Ray W. » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:03 am

Unfortunately it looks like the Cubs have as much chance of winning the next three games against the D-Backs than of A-Rod batting 300 in the postseason or of A-Rod delivering a postseason game winning hit for that matter...

Speaking of The Evil Empire...It was not too long ago that the BoSox won four straight after being down 3-0 enroute to their World Series title, so there is a glimmer of hope for the "Lovable Losers" out there...I'm not a Cubs fan but since my Detroit Tigers are not in the mix this postseason, I would like to see the long suffering Cub fans (To include Steve Bartman) at least experience the excitement of a World Series in their beautiful historic ballpark...
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:13 am

I'm not a fan of the AL in general...(sorry the the DH is LAME) but when I watch AL baseball, I'm a fan of the Tigers...
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:04 am

I've been a Mets fan since '62 (when they were the beloved Dodgers' retirement home) -- have the bruises and contusions to prove it -- but ya' gotta loved the Cubbies and, even more, the Cubbies' fans (or is this empathy?)!
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:40 am

Personally, as long as the Yankees lose I don't care who wins! If the Yankees were like other teams and developed players then I might support them but as long as they try to buy pennants I'll root for whatever team is playing against them. The only thing I'll give them credit for is that they're paying for their new stadium instead of having the city of New York pay for.

The only team I like to see lose more than the Yankees is Notre Dame so, so far this year I'm very happy!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

John NA

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:09 pm

by John NA » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:19 pm

Vince, I'm there with you as being a Mets fan. Ugh.