Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Where Can I...?

User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Where Can I...?

by Christina Firriolo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:26 am

I think "where can I" would be a great segment in Louisville Hot Bytes...a place to ask where to find this or where to do that!

But anyway...tonight my question is...where can I find a good interior painter who is professional and not overly expensive? (preferably one who can get a small job done quickly)

I have a small room I need painted, (walls, ceiling and doors) and would like to get some estimates and also hire someone local who comes recommended.

So....anyone?

Thanks in advance!
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Where Can I...?

by Steve P » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:56 am

Christina Hall wrote:I think "where can I" would be a great segment in Louisville Hot Bytes...a place to ask where to find this or where to do that!

But anyway...tonight my question is...where can I find a good interior painter who is professional and not overly expensive? (preferably one who can get a small job done quickly)

I have a small room I need painted, (walls, ceiling and doors) and would like to get some estimates and also hire someone local who comes recommended.

So....anyone?

Thanks in advance!

:roll: Good fricking luck because I've been where you're at before. What you are looking for is what I generally refer to as a "ham and egger" and they are notoriously undependable. Doesn't matter if it's a painter, a carpenter, a plumber the scenario is repeated with uncanny regularity. It usually goes like this: You have a small job, so you try to find a small "local" guy who you figure could use the money/work. So someone gives you a name and you call the guy and he swears to GOD he's going to show up and give you an estimate and/or do the job....so you give up your search assuming the problem has been taken care of...and then the a**hole doesn't show up.

This scenario is one of the reasons (after 25 years of home ownership) that I can now repair and/or improve just about anything. Case in point; as I am typing this I'm looking at an index card where I wrote down the name and number of the chuckleheaded bastard who swore to GOD he was going to come out repair a hole in my roof in early Sept. I'm also looking into the dining room where I have substantial water damage waiting for MY attention because the a**hole never showed up and we had two days of monsoon rains before *I* was able to climb on the roof and fix the da** thing.

Anyway, drop me a PM with the details of your job. I'm retired, I've got a little time on my hands this month...maybe I could help ya out.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio