Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

UNDERPANTS .....

User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

UNDERPANTS .....

by Steve Shade » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:14 pm

Went to the preview performance of Underpants last night at Actors Theatre.

Fantastic. May be the funniest comedy I have ever seen at Actors and I have been going since it started (1964?)

Only weakness was the female star did not project her voice loudly enough a couple of times. I am sure that will be corrected.

Standing ovation at the end.

As for a restaurant, we stopped at the Bristol/Bardstown Rd afterwards. I know it gets knocked on here for being predictable and somewhat boring. Few places in town that you can get a good meal and absolutely perfect service at ten pm on a weeknight.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: UNDERPANTS .....

by TP Lowe » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:30 am

Steve Shade wrote:Went to the preview performance of Underpants last night at Actors Theatre.

Fantastic. May be the funniest comedy I have ever seen at Actors and I have been going since it started (1964?)

So you're a Train Station alum? Very cool! I see "The Underpants" tonight - now I'm really looking forward to it.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: UNDERPANTS .....

by Steve Shade » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:07 am

TP Lowe wrote:
Steve Shade wrote:Went to the preview performance of Underpants last night at Actors Theatre.

So you're a Train Station alum? Very cool! I see "The Underpants" tonight - now I'm really looking forward to it.

Actually I started going when it was in an upstairs loft on 4th St (Will Sales Building???)
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:35 am

You really are a veteran, then. I think we were in the loft for only a very short period of time - a year, maybe? Can't recall the name of the building, but you may well be exactly right.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve Shade » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:44 pm

TP Lowe wrote:You really are a veteran, then. I think we were in the loft for only a very short period of time - a year, maybe? Can't recall the name of the building, but you may well be exactly right.

Had to go to the Actors website. Two years at the loft on 4th street. The Train Station site was unusual because of the layout and a fair amount of stuff happened on the stairs in the venue.

Of course, the defining moment for Actors was Jon Jory. Didn't hurt that dad (Victor Jory) and mom (Jean something??) came to act here charging much less then they normally would have been paid. I remember Victory Jory playing a part in a wheel chair when he was older .. no idea of what play. The wife was also a well respected actress. He was really good. Better in person than in some of the movies that I saw. Of course most of the people on here are too young to remember them.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:25 am

Mom's name was Jean Inness. She did some movie work but I think most people would remember her from her TV stuff. I think she was in every TV western ever produced! (Rawhide, Have Gun Will Travel, Bonanza, The Virginian, The Big Valley, Daniel Boone)Seems like she might have done a few Dragnet episodes too.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost