Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

Insight selling to Time-Warner

by Mike Hardin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:45 pm

So, what options can anyone recommend for internet aside from Time-Warner? I've heard way too many horror stories to think this will be good for Insight customers.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

Re: Insight selling to Time-Warner

by BevP » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:41 am

Yeah from what I hear we will be looking back on Insight like they were the good old days... :cry:
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:46 am

We use AT&T (Bellsouth) and are pleased with them. Although I did notice a couple of months ago that Insight had better prices for faster service. (but I also think Insight had been pushing to get a bunch of new custies just before the merge.)
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mike Hardin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 am

Christina Hall wrote:We use AT&T (Bellsouth) and are pleased with them. Although I did notice a couple of months ago that Insight had better prices for faster service. (but I also think Insight had been pushing to get a bunch of new custies just before the merge.)

I'll use AT&T when hell freezes over. I had them for business phone service and they screwed me royally and want a $500 termination fee. They'll never get it.
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mike Hardin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:15 pm

annemarie m wrote:i've been with at&t for over 5 years now and only pay $10.00 for dsl internet service. been grandfathered into the plan. if i ever were to cancel and go back, the price is $29.95 then a month.
i've never had problems with either billing or service. heck i haven't talked to them in 5 years. :)

Good for you but DSL is slow compared to cable and that's not my situation.
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:06 pm

I went to my (AT&T/Yahoo) email one day and they had all just disappeared. I had thousands and some were pretty important. (I work from my home)

That was a couple of years ago though, and everything's been fine before and since.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:07 am

We converted over to gmail for all email for two important reasons: 1) gmail rocks--that is, has great features. 2) our email provider is constant no matter our internet provider. We can switch to cable, DSL, even dial-up with no change of email address. We've had AT&T DSL for a number of years (with a brief foray into cable during that time) and I've never even known my AT&T or Insight email address.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:20 pm

Charles W. wrote:We converted over to gmail for all email for two important reasons: 1) gmail rocks--that is, has great features. 2) our email provider is constant no matter our internet provider. We can switch to cable, DSL, even dial-up with no change of email address. We've had AT&T DSL for a number of years (with a brief foray into cable during that time) and I've never even known my AT&T or Insight email address.

I could have written that. Every word of it. :) (I also love that your mail - all of it, even archives and sent mail - is right there on any computer you use. Desktop, home, iPhone, iPad, library, internet cafe. Oh, yeah, pick a very secure password. ;)