Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

A/C and Duct Installation

no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Greater 'burbs of Detroit

A/C and Duct Installation

by Madeline M » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:17 pm

Have a friend that is looking for someone to install an A/C and duct work. Her house was built in the 1900's and they have done a great job restoring the house to it's original state while trying to bring up to modern standards in some areas. Now they are looking to have a central A/C installed and will need someone that can also do duct work while not demolishing their house. I know a few people on here have done restorations so was hoping someone could make a recommendation for a good contractor.
User

Brian Taylor Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:58 am

Louisville, Ky

Re: A/C and Duct Installation

by Brian Taylor Clark » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:59 am

We have used Wise HVAC for years, for everything from slab homes to full restorations requiring the retrofitting of A/C and ducts. I have not found anyone who can compete with both his pricing and level of service provided. If they plan on getting this done anytime soon, I will say most HVAC contractors are swamped keeping up with Dante's Inferno right now. His number is 314-7121, just tell him I referred.
Brian Taylor Clark
Real Estate Agent-Semonin Realtors-502-558-1441
Specializing in Investment Property/Client Sales in the Highlands, Germantown, Crescent Hill, and St. Matthews
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:51 am

Joe Weber-7445078 Weber heating & air
Zipper 368-5848

Good luck to your friend- hope they are able to wait a bit, as I can't imagine the calls these guys are handling right now.
Cheers,
Paula Barmore :D
no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Greater 'burbs of Detroit

by Madeline M » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:10 pm

I will pass those along! Thanks for the referrals. They aren't planning on doing it right away, but the heat wave has moved it up the list a few notches. They are looking at a late fall/early spring project but know they may have to do some other modifications before it can even get started. I don't know how they are living in the heat, but they've been in the house for 11 years without A/C and say they are used to it.