Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Fireworks law change in KY

no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Fireworks law change in KY

by Tim Y » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:11 am

You don't have to drive to IN, to get the good fireworks!!!! We are the only ones in the city to get the new permit. We have mortars, black cats. bottle rockets etc. Tent is at the American Legion on bardstown rd. (log cabin across from Krispy Kreme) Come see us and tell your friends :!:
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

Re: Law change in KY

by Megan Watts » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:07 am

So I grew up in AZ and know nothing about fireworks. We weren't allowed to have anything for fear of burning down the desert (which is what's happening now anyway!) So what would you recommend that's for a beginner. I don't want to blow my arm off or put on a major display, but my nieces/nephew will be in town from AZ and I thought it would be fun. I bought sparklers, but I know that's exciting for about 2 seconds.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Fireworks law change in KY

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:45 pm

I took the liberty of tweaking the headline to make it a little more informative ... 8)
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Tim Y » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:25 pm

Robin, we have everything from "safe and sane" to full blown aerial displays. Plenty of ground attack, fountain type stuff also. Thanks for the tweak. We could'nt open today for fear of getting ouf stuff wet :( . We will try and get opened tomorrow. (thursday) We are there noon to dark most days, and I am there every Mon and Tue. Would love to see lots of fellow forumites. Our prices blow IN out of the water. No pun intended. Come see me and I will cut you a good deal!!!
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:01 pm

Tim, maybe you can put the spam handle down for a second and answer Megan's question? If you're a figure head in this endeavor, I would hope that you, as an active forum member soliciting here, could offer the advice being sought and let go of the psychological psuedo-magnet. I really liked Megan's query and thought the response was dismissive.
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Tim Y » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:00 am

Hey Megan, did not mean to blow you off. I think I thought :?: , I was responding to Robin since he had his hand in there too. The information does cover your question though. I am manning the stand on Mon and Tue, so come see me and I will hook you up with plenty of action that won't burn down the desert or get anybody killed!! This is not my first stand, so I have more knowledge than my associates. But they can help you as well if you can't make it while I am working.
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Sorry, Tim. I was completely rude and I'm not sure what was going through my mind as typed that reply behind the drape of my monitor (shoulda been "step away from the desk and enjoy your cocktail, Jackie"). I saw your stand over the wkend, though, and I wish you well!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:06 pm

Jackie R. wrote:Sorry, Tim.

You're a good person, Jackie. :) But we already knew that ...
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:50 am

Maybe I'm the only one on this board to think this way (and being a big fan of individual rights, I'm surprised to even feel this way), but I think this was a rotten decision by the legislature. I don't understand the tradeoff between the danger and the individual rights in this case. Geez, my Republican roots are shrinking, apparently.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:31 am

TP Lowe wrote:Geez, my Republican roots are shrinking, apparently.

We've come a long way since the likes of John Sherman Cooper and Thruston Morton, that's for sure. I would guess that a lot of traditional Republicans have to swallow hard before saying nice things about David Williams and Rand Paul.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:33 am

I remember years ago when I moved to Kentucky and, one day, got to meet John Sherman Cooper. It was almost like meeting God!
Last edited by Gayle DeM on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:37 am

Gayle DeM wrote:I remember years ago when I moved to Kentucky and, one day, got to meet John Sherman Cooper. I was almost like meeting God!

Those were the days when Republicans and Democrats were different, but didn't stand so far apart that they couldn't talk to each other, and most sensible people felt comfortable listening to both sides and voting for the individual, not just the party.