Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Shoe repair

no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

Shoe repair

by C. Devlin » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:11 pm

I've not been able to find a decent shoe repair shop since we moved here. I keep shoes forever if I can, having them resoled and so forth. I did take a pair of shoes in to a place near Lotsa Pasta for some work last year and wasn't particularly happy with the results.

Any recommendations?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Shoe repair

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:23 pm

C. Devlin wrote:Any recommendations?

Check out this thread on the old forum. I ended up going to the gent on the west side of Fifth just north of Chestnut (about two doors north of Saffron's Buffet), and he turned out to be a real craftsman, and not terribly expensive. Going in there was like stepping back into the 1940s or something.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:25 pm

That guy is the best.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:27 pm

Cinderella Shoe Repair: I've used them for twenty plus years. When I first used them but they were in Mall St. Matthew, but rent got to high so they moved on down Shelbyville Road toward the Christian Scientist Church, but they rent got to high so they moved to Plainview Shopping Center - 9977 Linn Station Rd. They once put back together a pair of my sons sandals that were so bad I couldn't tell what were the soles and what were the straps.