Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Auto Detailing

User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Auto Detailing

by Brad Keeton » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Any recommendations for very good, well-priced auto detailers (interior and exterior detail)? Thanks.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

JenS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:09 pm

Re: Auto Detailing

by JenS » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:09 pm

I haven't used this place yet, but A & K Auto Detailing (Thierman Ln) close to St. Matthews Havana Rumba and next to the old sears building seems popular.

I'm planning on having my car detailed after an upcoming road trip and their prices seemed better than the dealership's.
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:25 pm

JenS wrote:I haven't used this place yet, but A & K Auto Detailing (Thierman Ln) close to St. Matthews Havana Rumba and next to the old sears building seems popular.

I'm planning on having my car detailed after an upcoming road trip and their prices seemed better than the dealership's.

A&K gets very good reviews, and I'm considering them, but the interior and exterior service is $180, which seems on the high side to me, but maybe I'm out of touch on this. I know of a few places that are more in the $120-$130 range for full service (R&R Limo, Air to Ground), but I can't find any reviews on them.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:32 pm

God washes my truck once in awhile, he doesn't do windows or vacuum the inside but the oil change place does this for free.
User

Brian Taylor Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:58 am

Louisville, Ky

by Brian Taylor Clark » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:12 pm

I had an auto detailing business in college (8 years ago), and $125-150 was the norm, with large suvs and paint correction being more. Given the time gap, for an excellent job 180 doesn't seem out of line. I would expect all carpets shampooed, leather conditioned, engine detailed, and a multi step process on the exterior. Ask if that is just a wax, or if it includes rubbing compound to remove scratches, glaze, or a polish before the wax. These are all different steps. If it is rough paint a buffer should be common practice. If you have any other questions, let me know.
Brian Taylor Clark
Real Estate Agent-Semonin Realtors-502-558-1441
Specializing in Investment Property/Client Sales in the Highlands, Germantown, Crescent Hill, and St. Matthews