Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

CJ - Liking Dante

User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

CJ - Liking Dante

by Doug W » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:08 am

There are two references to Dante's The Divine Comedy in today's CJ "Extra" section. On page 5 both movie reviews open up with a mention.

I first checked to see if they were written by the same author. They weren't; neither was local either.

I suppose there's nothing wrong with it, it just seems lazy. It really makes you realize they are just cutting and pasting content.

Cheers,

Doug
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: CJ - Liking Dante

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:28 am

Doug W wrote:I suppose there's nothing wrong with it, it just seems lazy. It really makes you realize they are just cutting and pasting content.

Very perceptive observation, Doug, and right on target in my opinion. It's the fruit of ongoing budget cuts (Sarah F. being downsized recently being just one more example).

Sometimes I think the city would have been better off if the Binghams had just padlocked the doors at Sixth and Broadway and walked away.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:45 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Doug W wrote:I suppose there's nothing wrong with it, it just seems lazy. It really makes you realize they are just cutting and pasting content.

Very perceptive observation, Doug, and right on target in my opinion. It's the fruit of ongoing budget cuts (Sarah F. being downsized recently being just one more example).

Sometimes I think the city would have been better off if the Binghams had just padlocked the doors at Sixth and Broadway and walked away.

Sarah F. is the author of The Dish in the Extra section this morning. Identified as "special to the CJ". Get rid of the salary and benefits for a long time employee and throw a bone with a column.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:06 pm

Steve Shade wrote:Sarah F. is the author of The Dish in the Extra section this morning. Identified as "special to the CJ". Get rid of the salary and benefits for a long time employee and throw a bone with a column.

I noticed that, but without inside knowledge it's hard to be sure what's up. It may be that Sarah simply had a few "Dish" columns in the can, and they're using them up after she left the building.

Frankly, I never thought of that Friday column as her strength - they tended to be the kind of breathlessly positive, non-anonymous "reviews" that don't give much of a sense of credibility to the reader.