Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Looking for a furniture refinisher/repair

by Ed Vermillion » Wed May 25, 2011 11:26 pm

I have a roll top desk that was my grandfathers. He was an L&N engineer for 52 years and it was his prize possession for his lifetime. It's in great shape but needs some TLC to get it back to top notch condition. Anyone know of someone who could do it proud? The top needs to be resecured to it (rolls fine but the whole top is loose) and it may need some cosmetic surgery once it comes out of the basement.
User

Brian Taylor Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:58 am

Louisville, Ky

Re: Looking for a furniture refinisher/repair

by Brian Taylor Clark » Thu May 26, 2011 7:33 am

I've heard good things about Excel on Mellwood Ave. but don't have any personal dealings with them myself. I dont know the current condition, but have you tried Old English? It's a great filler for scratches and scuffs. I've had great luck refurbishing old mantels and newell posts that I thought for sure I'd be stripping down.
Brian Taylor Clark
Real Estate Agent-Semonin Realtors-502-558-1441
Specializing in Investment Property/Client Sales in the Highlands, Germantown, Crescent Hill, and St. Matthews
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: Looking for a furniture refinisher/repair

by Ed Vermillion » Thu May 26, 2011 9:48 am

Thanks Brian. I notice that if I had scrolled down the list of posts in this forum that someone already asked my question. :oops: I'll try the folks mentioned in that thread. Thanks again.