Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Victoria Station

User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Victoria Station

by carla griffin » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:19 am

Is there anybody in this forum that used to work at or regularly dine at the old Victoria Station in Dupont Square? If so, do you think a reunion of some sort would go over well? :?:
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Victoria Station

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:47 am

carla griffin wrote:Is there anybody in this forum that used to work at or regularly dine at the old Victoria Station in Dupont Square? If so, do you think a reunion of some sort would go over well? :?:

I don't know about regularly, but I've reviewed it! :-D

Now I'm trying to remember when exactly it went away (early '80s?) and what lot exactly it was on. Wasn't it replaced (with a new building) by House of Hunan, later Bonsai? Or was that next door?
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:27 pm

Let's see if I can remember...VS sat in the corner, House of Hunan was originally a pancake house of some sort, I think that was right next door. Then, a couple of doors down the the famous Flaherty'sIII.
VS closed around '83 or '84. It operated under different ownership for a while - less than a year I think. Then they finally tore it down (or rolled it away?) for a medical office building. Was that while you were in NY Robin?
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost