Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

What places are near Kosair?

no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

What places are near Kosair?

by Megan Watts » Thu May 19, 2011 10:23 pm

I know where nothing is downtown! But I'm going to be with my son in a couple weeks for at least a day and a night in Kosair. What's withing walking distance as far as food? I'm sure I'll have to send my husband out for food and can't bear to do McDonalds for 3 meals..
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

Re: What places are near Kosair?

by Becky M » Thu May 19, 2011 11:16 pm

with both boys we were hospitalized for longer than normal times.... and we ate the hospital food. it can get a bit pricey if you dont do the specials, but i was surprised that the food was ok.

i hope your little one is doing ok.

i could be wrong about distance, but if your husband is going to be grabbing food.... isnt joe davola's in that vicinity? i also know nothing about downtown.
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

by Megan Watts » Fri May 20, 2011 7:45 am

Thankfully he's "only" having a tonsillectomy. But because he's autistic they thought it better to stay overnight so we can get better control on pain/medication. I feel like he's going to hate me after this is done, but his tonsils are huge and it's not like he's going to grow into them!
no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm

st. matthews

by Ellen White » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:19 pm

I don't know if this is too late or not, but there is a City Cafe in the U of L medical school. There is also a Calistoga on Chestnut right by U of L hospital. These are just a couple of blocks from Kosair. Neither is open for dinner, but you could get a fresh lunch there (better than fast food anyway). The Kosair cafeteria is probably your best bet for dinner, though.