Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

The Playground

no avatar
User

Steve Saks

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 7:14 pm

Eastern Louisville - Polo Fields

The Playground

by Steve Saks » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:02 am

I just got over to La Grange road and noticed that "The Playground" had closed. It was a great place for the kids to play, always clean and well kept.

Does anyone have an idea of why it closed? Looks like all the equipment is still there....

Thanks,

Steve
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:28 am

We tried to buy a membership several weeks ago, and were told they weren't selling them as they might have to close for financial reasons. (How very ethical & classy to turn down short-term much needed cash for the sake of reputation/fairness)

We also tried last week and were very disappointed that it had actually closed. I have to assume the rent was killing them: that's a huge amount of very expensive stripmall space.

Deb
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

Pump it Up

by Scott Hack » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:00 am

Try Pump It Up. They mostly do parties, but they have open play days scheduled, but I'm not sure of what the days are.

-Scott

Carolyn Harper, Owner
Pump It Up, the Inflatable Party Zone
2700 Stanley Gault Parkway; Suite 120
Louisville, KY 40223
Reservation Line: 502-244-1016
http://www.pumpitupparty.com
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:36 am

I wasn't familiar with The Playground, but I believe their is a large kid's playland out on Blankenbaker, near Sam's, etc. Anyone know?
no avatar
User

Steve Saks

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 7:14 pm

Eastern Louisville - Polo Fields

Playground.

by Steve Saks » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:33 pm

Deb, thanks for the info. It's a shame that the place closed....all the times I have brought my kiddo's there, it has been packed. (My worst nightmare, filled with screaming kids....)

Also, Deb, I'll be stopping by for the sale on Friday. Good luck with you next endevours!!

Steve
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:24 pm

Beth K. wrote:I wasn't familiar with The Playground, but I believe their is a large kid's playland out on Blankenbaker, near Sam's, etc. Anyone know?

It is currently called All About Kids When I was little, it was called Kids R Fit (and then Kids B Fit). I LOVED it...I practically had every birthday party there. And now it looks like the have expanded it greatly....should be even more fun!

Tell Patti Ogden that Marie Peterson sent you :-)
User

Ashley Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 pm

by Ashley Dunn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:24 pm

All About Kids is awesome! They do great birthday parties. and they also have different open play times throughout the week, where you can take the kids for an hour and actually play on everything with them. Just beware of the snack area. It's like a magnet for them afterwards...

Very clean, and the staff is great.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:20 pm

Can't say enough good things about Miss Patti Ogden, she is my sons gym teacher at Chance School and he (and all the) kids love her.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:02 am

Too funny! It never ceases to amaze me how small this town is. Patti was my brother's swimming teacher for a while and we also used to ride horses together.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:09 am

Ditto. Miss Patti was my daughter Sara's PE teacher at Chance. Great lady!

I will say though, our experience at All About Kids has been fine, but our 3 year old LOVED the Playground. Perfect for his age. We are very disappointed that it's gone.

Deb