Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Did you work at ALLO SPIEDO?

User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

Did you work at ALLO SPIEDO?

by Beth K. » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:48 am

We are planning a reunion. If you would like to be involved, please IM me your email address. You can also join the discussion group at: http:groups.msn.com/AlloSpiedo

(Robin, I hope this is OK here!)
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:18 am

While you all are together, can whip up some food for us poor, starving Louisvillians?

:lol:
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:06 pm

i know three guys who worked at Allo.

I'll make them aware of this.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:01 pm

We DO plan on making alot of the old dishes, I think. But I'm sure it won't be the same.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:30 pm

we used to eat there weekly.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:43 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:we used to eat there weekly.

We ate there a lot, and loved the pizzas ... I'm almost pathetically grateful that Primo has them now. That roast pork sandwich - what the heck was it called, Rollo or Bruno or something like that? - was also a favorite.

That being said, I recall it starting as a really affordable lunch spot that reminded me a lot of some Outer Borough Italian delis in NYC but that it gradually morphed into more of a semi-pricey dinner destination, and I felt bad that I couldn't really justify it for frequent lunches after a while.

Hey, are you still using the same E-mail? I sent out a couple of kind of time-sensitive queries and haven't heard back. Shoot me an E-mail or PM, willya?
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Beth K. » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:04 pm

The pork sandwich was called the "Tullio" and yes, it was delicious. They rubbed it down with a ground fennel rub before putting it in the rotisserie. Mmmm...
User

Ashley Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 pm

by Ashley Dunn » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:24 pm

Not only will we be making some great food, we'll be telling some really, really good stories. :)
User

Ashley Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 pm

by Ashley Dunn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 am

I ran in to Alan last night, as well as Jamie Hynes. I told them both to check this link for the details..fyi
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Beth K. » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:23 am

Thanks for passing on the word Ethan and Ashley. If anyone knows anyone that used to work there - please let them know.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ethan Ray » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:16 pm

Beth K. wrote:Thanks for passing on the word Ethan and Ashley. If anyone knows anyone that used to work there - please let them know.

I passed the word on to Brad Anderson, and Nate 'The Viking'.

I haven't seen him lately, but George Punter can be found at Creation Gardens if someone wants to pass the word on to him.

...those would be the 3 i know who worked there.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:39 pm

Awww....Nate the Viking! I haven't seen him in a while. I'm pretty sure George or his wife Susan have been contacted. Good looking out, Ethan!
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ethan Ray » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:04 am

Amy Hoover wrote:Awww....Nate the Viking! I haven't seen him in a while. I'm pretty sure George or his wife Susan have been contacted. Good looking out, Ethan!

I actually passed the Viking driving his Caddy (going the opposite way) down Lexington Ave. just the other day

I think he's working at Lou Lou these days.
Ethan Ray

User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:30 pm

Funny, I thought about this thread tonight. Guess who we saw at Volare? Bim Deitrich was sitting outside with a party of five directly across the street from the location of the dearly departed Allo Spiedo. Everyone seems to know him, and several guests stopped to say hello and congratulate him on Primo's ****.

I hope your reunion is a rousing success!