Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

Appetizers needed for local 501(c)(3)

by Beth K. » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:29 am

The Family & Children’s Place is a local organization that services children of violence and abuse, and their families. Their services include everything from the initial forensic interview to ongoing counseling. We are in need of a business to donate appetizers for an event for about 50 people. The event is a preliminary reception for the volunteers of one of our biggest annual fundraising events. If anyone is interested in assisting us with this event, please contact me.

For anyone who would like additional information about the organization, I have included a link to its website: http://www.familyandchildrensplace.org/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Appetizers needed for local 501(c)(3)

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:03 am

Beth, since this is food-related, and a worthy cause, I copied your post into the main forum as well. I hope someone can step up with some great apps for The Family & Children's Place!
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Thanks Robin! I never know if it's appropriate to put in the main forum and I worried that everyone would get sick of my soliciting for various organizations, benefits, etc. Not that they aren't VERY worthy causes, I've just solicited for a lot of them in the past year.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Beth K. wrote:Thanks Robin! I never know if it's appropriate to put in the main forum and I worried that everyone would get sick of my soliciting for various organizations, benefits, etc. Not that they aren't VERY worthy causes, I've just solicited for a lot of them in the past year.

As the short-order chef and bartender at this online pub and diner, Beth, I have considerable tolerance for any forum participants who get selflessly involved in service projects for worthy causes, especially when they're food-related!