Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

JenS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:09 pm

Re: My Kroger pet peeve

by JenS » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Megan,

I wasn't judging in any way. I just wanted to relay my experience. I really don't like shopping at Kroger, but it's within walking distance and sometimes it's just necessary.

I like the other suggestions to avoid the first Wed of the month. I made that mistake once and it will never happen again. It's a rough crowd on that first Wed! Yikes.
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:59 pm

My pet peeve? Why the long receipts?

I just purchased a single loaf of bread. That's all I purchased. Why, then, do I end up with a 10" receipt? Why?

They sure like to remind us to bring in our re-usable bags. Nice green initiative, Kroger. Here's your next one. Stop wasting so much paper on receipts. A single loaf of bread!
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:04 pm

But my Kroger pet peeve. I've mentioned this before here - why are the people stocking product so unfriendly? The company could earn big intrinsic benefits from trying to turn those folks into ambassadors.

One reason is the stockers are being held to a minimum amount per hour. Son was taken off night stock because he missed the "magic number". He has never been late, only been sick once, come in when called to take extra shifts and has multiple compliments in his file from customers. He was basically told to stop dealing with customers and stock faster, even though he was switched from aisle to aisle every night and could not get a rhythm. No wonder they are not friendly!!!
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

by Megan Watts » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:27 pm

JenS wrote:Megan,

I wasn't judging in any way. I just wanted to relay my experience. I really don't like shopping at Kroger, but it's within walking distance and sometimes it's just necessary.

I didn't think you were judging at all! It was something I thought about before posting. I didn't want anyone to think that I would have been too harsh to some of their employees. Actually, some of the best service I've ever received has been from their SN employees.
no avatar
User

Art T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:57 pm

by Art T » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Long receipts are a Cancer :lol:

They have infiltrated every POS system. Go to lowes, kroger, anywhere, you will come home with enough paper to re-do your powder room.

I buy crickets every Monday for my sons Gekko at feeder supply and the receipt is 12" long for a 2.05 purchase. I throw it out at the door.
Previous