Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Anyone interested in sharing Bats season tix in 2008?

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:34 am

Following up on a conversation we had with Tom Person (Melissa R's hubby) at the Slugger Field offline, I'd like to throw this out here:

Mary and I (or, more specifically, our little corporate entity) have had season tickets at Slugger Field since 2000, and we really enjoy it ... they're great seats, on the aisle on the front row of the upper deck Club Level just above the home dugout and third base. We go to a lot of the games, but unfortunately, being busy people with a lot on our plates, we also throw away a lot of the tix, and frankly, an 8-game home stand gets pretty relentless after a while when you really don't want to go out every night.

So, we're thinking about finding one or two other couples who'd be interested in sharing the seats on an equal pay, equal games, non-profit basis. As I see it, we'd continue to get the full-season Diamond Club package (which comes with a discreet little "LouisvilleHotBytes.com" plaque on the seats), but at the start of the season, we'd share the cost and divvy up the tickets with the other participants. If we wanted to make it more geeky, we could also set up a Google Calendar and use it to facilitate trading days around and such. Participants would also be welcome to share their nights with friends, yada, yada.

Anyway, the season is 72 home games, and the season tickets are (approximately) $550 per seat, $1,100 for the couple. Split two ways, that would be about $550 per couple for 36 games each; split three ways it would be about $370 per couple for 24 games each.

Anybody interested? At this point, Tom and Melissa have first call, but we'll take as many names as are interested and see how things work out.

No need for a firm decision at this point, so even a tentative maybe is okay ... if there's enough interest, we'll take it offline and work it out from there.

Feel free to reply to this thread, PM me, or send Email to rgarr@louisvillehotbytes.com .