Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Bed and Breakfasts

no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

Bed and Breakfasts

by Kris Billiter » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:50 am

Ok, so my wife and I need to get away for a night. We live in SHelbyville, and have a 14 month old. With school starting (she's a teacher) and me trying to finish up a master's, things are crazy and it feels like we haven't seen each other! I was wondering if anyone had any great B & B recommendations for Louisville. I seem to remember that someone on here even owns one. Thanks for any help!
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:51 am

Leah Stewart owns The Gallery House Bed and Breakfast- perhaps a stay comes with a pice of cake. Keep your fingers ccrossed.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:03 am

My family and friends that come in from California love to stay at the Inn at Woodhaven. It's not in the downtown or Old Louisville area but the middle of St. Matthews. Makes it real convienent for shopping and getting to other parts of the city. The house is beautiful, the food is good and the area is charming. (cut -paste link below)
She stays pretty booked up but you might check it out.

http://www.bbonline.com/ky/woodhaven/index.html
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:10 pm

For an incredibly relaxing and private getaway in a gorgeous setting, you can go to Pinecrest on Poplar Level road. Brian and I got married on the grounds there and it's a very special place: feels like you are far away on vacation even though you are only 15 minutes from home. It's a separate house complete with kitchen, living room etc on Newburg Road. It's on a couple of acre property and you have free-range of the gorgeous gardens (and a trampoline :D ). The owner, Nancy is an incredibly gracious hostess. I highly recommend it.
http://www.bbonline.com/ky/pinecrest/

Deb
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

by Michele Janosek » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:21 pm

Oooh! I second the vote for Pinecrest!!! Nancy is a fabulous hostess and my out-of-town family has stayed there several times. It is a beautifully appointed private guesthouse and has all of the comforts of home and then some!!
no avatar
User

Emilie Knieriem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:55 pm

St. Matthews

by Emilie Knieriem » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:35 pm

I have to say that Pinecrest is by far one of the best in town. As a disclosure my mother owns it; however she is the best hostess you could find. Anyone who meets her will say the same, along with a few celebrities who have stayed with her. She will make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible! The house is situated on 6 ½ acres and you feel as though you are in the country even though you are centrally located to everything in town. Her gardens are absolutely breathtaking as well!
Emilie Knieriem
60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
3939 Shelbyville Rd.
Louisville, KY 40207
www.60westbistro.com
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:15 pm

I did almost add that the owner of Pinecrest is Emilie's mom, but decided to focus on the site as (unfortunately) Cafe Emilie does not provide breakfast the following morning. :D

She does brag on you, Emilie and she IS a wonderful hostess. Brian and I love it there- went back this May for a "getaway from it all" and it was a good as the first time.

Deb