Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Thought and prayer request

User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

Thought and prayer request

by Suzi Bernert » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:55 pm

I normally would not do this, but this is an exceptional situation. Some of you may have seen on the news that the chief of the Westport Volunteer Fire Department, Chris Stock, died on Thursday. His wife Mandy is one of my co-workers, a paramedic with Louisville Metro EMS. They both volunteer with the FD and are Explorer Advisors. This was unexpected and the whole public safety community is in mourning. The reason I am asking for extra thoughts and prayers is that Chris and Mandy are the parents of 5 year old twin boys and a 10 month old daughter. Mandy had used almost all of her sick time and vacation for the birth of her daughter and will need time to be with her kids and deal with this. At LMEMS we are trying to donate vacation days to her, which normally not allowed. We are asking for an exemption, since Chris was self-employed and it will be a while before any benefits kick in. Please keep Mandy and her kids in your prayers if you do such things and that Metro Government will allow us to help our sister in need. I know you all are some of the most caring people I have ever met, so I feel comfortable asking a few minutes of your time.

Thank you in advance, Suzi
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

Re: Thought and prayer request

by Becky M » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:02 pm

That is painful for me to hear. i will most definitely keep Mandy and her babies in my prayers.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Thought and prayer request

by Steve P » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Roger...Wilco.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Carla G

{ RANK }