Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

Re: Veterinarian Recommendation

by Lois Mauk » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:07 pm

I've heard excellent things about Dr. Garanflo at Auburndale as well. I didn't mention his practice because Ellen was looking for someone in the East End. Don't want anyone to read anything more into the fact that I didn't mention him specifically.

Lois
Make a fast friend . . . Adopt a retired racer from Greyhound Pets of America!
http://www.GPALouisville.org
no avatar
User

Mark A.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu May 24, 2007 10:30 pm

by Mark A. » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:47 pm

I can tell you where NOT to go...... St. Matthews Animal Clinic. They basically killed our cat several years ago. Now we use Chenoweth Animal on Frankfort. Dr. Nevils is the best and the rest of the staff is excellent also.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:25 am

We use Dr. John Spillman out of Dr. John's Pet Care Clinic. He's inexpensive, and my dogs LOVE him and his staff. He's at a different Feeder's Supply each day of the week, and has an office located across the street from the Summit.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Tue May 10, 2011 7:10 pm

I know I'm jumping into this late but, I have to HIGHLY second the recommendation for Lyndon Animal Clinic. We love Dr. Oliver, and have followed him from Stony Brook (sp?) to his current location. (He took over for his father.)

We have 3 dogs and four cats, and are in there probably about once a month for shots, pills, etc. Dr. Oliver is wonderful, and will go above and beyond to help you. (I've even heard of him going to a patient's house when a pet friend was dying, so as not to traumatize the pet with an unnecessary car ride.)

He's been there for happy times (last is when we adopted our newest kitty, a beautiful flame point Himalayan.) and also for sad times (when we've had to have a sick kitty put down.) He cares for our animals as though they are his own. His staff is wonderful, loving and caring. Becky at the front desk is a doll.

I know there are a lot of wonderful vets in the world, and Dr. Oliver is right up there with the best of them!
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
Previous