Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Looking for a trustworthy carpenter

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:54 pm

We're looking for a professional to install a new, fair-size casement window (which we already have), a job that will require a little framing to accommodate a size slightly different than the existing window.

We've offered the job to a couple of excellent handymen we work with regularly, but this is apparently a two-person job requiring a "general carpenter." On the other hand, it's not a precision job like cabinet-making or such.

Do any of you have suggestions for carpenters who've done good work for you? To be blunt, there are a lot of shade tree mechanics out there, but we want someone with good references, responsible and professional. Affordable would be a nice bonus, but not at the expense of those other criteria.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:42 pm

OK, I'm not going to answer your question, but I have to promote a carpenter from the Crescent Hill area that I have used repeatedly. He's done my entire library and a whole wall of built-ins, and they are just beautiful. Happy to PM his contact info to anyone needed a perfectionist German carpenter! (sorry I can't help with the window, Robin)
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

looking for carpenter

by Paula B » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Dear Robin,

I suggest you call Mike Drew 762-4880.Many of my clients have used him w/ great success-- he will show up, clean up, and do a great job. Please tell him I said to call.

Good luck.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:51 pm

Just for fun, a few pics of the library in near final form: