Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

iPhone/iTunes

User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

iPhone/iTunes

by Jessica Devine » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:25 pm

I recently got an iPhone and I'm unable to update it via iTunes on my laptop. I have a 2008 Dell laptop and it can't handle the newest iTunes which is iTunes 10.0 or something. When I connect my phone to the computer, it says that I need at least iTunes 9.2. I can't seem to update my iTunes any more recent than 9.1. When I received the phone, I had to have the Apple store get me started and was able to use iTunes 9.1 after that. Now, it's apparently out of date. Any suggestions?
no avatar
User

Art T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: iPhone/iTunes

by Art T » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Jessica Devine wrote:I recently got an iPhone and I'm unable to update it via iTunes on my laptop. I have a 2008 Dell laptop and it can't handle the newest iTunes which is iTunes 10.0 or something. When I connect my phone to the computer, it says that I need at least iTunes 9.2. I can't seem to update my iTunes any more recent than 9.1. When I received the phone, I had to have the Apple store get me started and was able to use iTunes 9.1 after that. Now, it's apparently out of date. Any suggestions?

I have a 2006 laptop that has iTunes latest and greatest. Why cant load iTunes? No windows xp?
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 pm

Art T wrote:I have a 2006 laptop that has iTunes latest and greatest. Why cant load iTunes? No windows xp?

Actually, I have Windows Vista. It starts to download and then just stops.
User

Josh A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Paristown Point/Germantown

by Josh A » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:54 am

Itunes built in updater stops? Can you just hit the apple website and download the full installer and run that?

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
no avatar
User

Art T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:57 pm

by Art T » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:05 pm

Josh A wrote:Itunes built in updater stops? Can you just hit the apple website and download the full installer and run that?

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

I would try what Josh recommended.
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:06 pm

That's what I've been doing. It's been sitting at 2.80mb/17.70mb for about 30 minutes with no movement.
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:21 am

Good news. My husband found a backdoor into an older, but new to me version of iTunes. Crisis averted for now. When I was finally able to update, iTunes prompted me to update to 10.1 so that I could get the newest iPhone update. I guess I'll always be one step behind until I can afford a Mac. :roll: