Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

Kidstuff Consignment Sale - NOT an ad

by Becky M » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Is anyone familiar with this type of consignment sale? I have never participated but have so much stuff that is outgrown i am considering selling here. Any stories or details i should know.......
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

Re: Kidstuff Consignment Sale - NOT an ad

by Becky M » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:02 pm

i have done once upon a child before, and i feel they dont give you much for what you "sell" to them.

Ex: if they are going to sell a shirt for 3.00 they will only give you 30% of that. So, i would only make 0.90 on that shirt.

at a consignment sale, you keep 70% and they keep 30%. So, on that same 3 dollar shirt, i would be making $2.30.

There is more involved with a consignment sale though, you have to bag and tag your items, etc.
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:40 am

Becky, I have never participated in any of the big consignment sales as a seller (we're not yet done spawning) but I go to all of them as a buyer. It is practically the only place I buy my daughter's clothes, and I've gottne lots of other things there as well. They have fantastic turnouts, so your stuff will get seen by lots of people, and you can choose how much you want to price things. The last one I went to, there were people lined up an hour beforehand to get in. The other big ones besides Kidstuff are Kentucky Kids and Little Treasures.
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

by Megan Watts » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:18 am

The Little Treasures sale is always great. I've not sold any stuff, but I have bought a ton. And there are always a million people there. You can check them out on FB.
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:40 am

My wife and sister-in-law have sold at a few of these type sales, but I'm not sure about this one in particular. You can make MUCH more than you would at Once Upon a CHild, but it is more work. Lots of entering info into the computer, printing and attaching labels, etc. If you've got the time, they are a great way to make a little money on stuff that no one wears anymore.
no avatar
User

JenS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:09 pm

by JenS » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Becky,

I've sold things in consignment sales for several years. I've also bought a lot. I started with the Kidstuff sale and then moved on to the Little Treasures sale. Overall, I think the quality of the items is better at LT, but I have not shopped the Kidstuff sale in a while.

With Little Treasures you get at least 70% of your sales and you get your check on pick-up day. I've been happy with the experience.

Good luck!