Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:13 pm

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) Team in Training

by Sherrie G » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Many thanks to Robin for giving his blessing and allowing me to post this.

To my Louisville Hotbytes Family:
I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a participant in their Team In Training program and I'm asking you to help by making a donation to my fundraising campaign.

Please use the link below to donate online quickly and securely plus learn more about my progress. You will receive a confirmation of your donation by email and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ky/KYDerby11/sgreenlaw

Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. More than 823,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers. I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.

If you aren't able to help me financially, don't hesitate to send me moral support as I train for KY Derby miniMarathon (13.1 miles). Running tips, eating tips and fundraising ideas are all welcome.

Finally, feel free to friend me on facebook (Sherrie Robertson Greenlaw) or send me a request to follow me on twitter (http://twitter.com/lawofthegreen) for more updates on my training progress.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) Team in Training

by Robin Garr » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Sherrie G wrote:Finally, feel free to friend me on facebook (Sherrie Robertson Greenlaw)

Hmm, Facebook isn't showing you under that name, Sherrie. It pops up a cross reference to you on LinkedIn, but not Facebook. Maybe your privacy settings are set not to show you to unconnected peeps?
no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Sherrie G » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Thanks for letting me know! I changed the setting so people should be able to find me now.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Sherrie G wrote:Thanks for letting me know! I changed the setting so people should be able to find me now.

Well, thanks for friending me! I see you're friends with Megan Oleksa ... small world! Megan and I know each other from St. Matthew's. :)
no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Sherrie G » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:25 pm

It is a small world! Megan is the one who got me interested in the LLS Team in Training! If anyone else knows her and wants to donate to her fundraising they can at:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ky/KYDerby11/moleksa

We are hoping to put together a dining-for-a-cause event. If we do, we'll be sure to invite you and the hotbytes community and maybe we can turn it into an offline event.