Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Winter storm dilemma: Garage or no garage?

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Mary Beth D wrote:Well...I got my mail yesterday. My subdivision streets were cleared as well. Maybe that's why I got my mail? Kudos to the City of Prospect!!

We got our mail both days, and the city of Louisville pre-emptively brined hell out of just about every street they could find, including the city street in front of our house, which remained clear throughout the storm.

Our one-block side street that serves the garage didn't get brined, but - answering the question in the OP - I did leave the car out, and it only took about a half-hour of Garage Logic effort (25 minutes of leaving it running followed by 5 minutes of scooping the softened ice off - to make it look like new. :lol:
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Marsha L. wrote:
Steve P wrote:
That is my curmudgeonly rant for the day.

When'd you start limiting yourself to just the one? :lol:

OK....so lets just say I -average- one a day 8) :D
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Barbara A wrote:Helpful Hints For Winter

Probably the best thing you can do is to keep an emergency kit in your trunk...S.O.P in colder climates but I still keep one in the car here "just in case". Mainly just "common sense" stuff: Flashlight/s, boots, extra jacket, gloves, hat, etc). BTW...regarding flashlights. Get one that uses something other than regular alkaline batteries. The cold will sap the power from them in a relatively short period of time. I have a smallish (but VERY bright) light that uses a lithium battery and the batteries do not seem to be affected by cold. ALSO regarding an emergency jacket/coat...This is NOT a fashion show...Stop by Bass Pro or Walmart and buy an inexpensive Blaze Orange jacket. Your car breaks down on a darkish highway, you'll be glad to have that extra visibility.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:57 pm

I will say this...I certainly enjoy an hour or two attacking 6 or 8 inches of snow behind a 10 hp snow blower much more than manually chipping ice via the working end of a garden spade. This stuff sucks.
Previous