Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

U Cut Christmas Trees

no avatar
User

Pete O

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:25 pm

U Cut Christmas Trees

by Pete O » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:40 am

Anybody know of a u-cut Christmas tree farm around? My in-laws want to cut their own this year.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: U Cut Christmas Trees

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 am

Pete, if you want a short, pretty ride in the country (over the river and through the woods), Huber Orchard & Farm in Starlight, Indiana, is pretty much THE place for U-Pick, and there are several other similar farms in its immediate neighborhood.

Details and even a coupon are online here:
http://www.huberwinery.com/content_display.php?id=41

It's basically west on I-64, over the Sherman Minton bridge, off at the top of the hill and follow country roads very well marked with Huber signs.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:08 am

Robin Garr wrote:even a coupon are online here

I can't believe they've got a print-out coupon on a black background Buh-bye, printer cartridge! I'd copy the text into Notepad and print THAT out.
no avatar
User

Pete O

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:25 pm

by Pete O » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:49 am

Robin Garr wrote:Pete, if you want a short, pretty ride in the country (over the river and through the woods), Huber Orchard & Farm in Starlight, Indiana, is pretty much THE place for U-Pick, and there are several other similar farms in its immediate neighborhood.

Details and even a coupon are online here:
http://www.huberwinery.com/content_display.php?id=41

It's basically west on I-64, over the Sherman Minton bridge, off at the top of the hill and follow country roads very well marked with Huber signs.

Thanks for the responses.

Robin, since I moved back to Louisville 4 years ago and have started a family (4 boys, ages 6,4,2, and 2 :-) ), we go to Hubers several times a year. My wife made an outstanding peach pie for Turkey day with peaches that we picked at Hubers and froze this summer. Our stand up freezer is filled with blackberries, blueberries, peaches, and applesauce from Hubers.

I guess one could say that we LOVE going to Hubers*. However, I think my in-laws are wanting to explore other options for whatever reason.

* - the one caveat for my love of Hubers is the petting zoo. At $5 per person ages 2 and over, that puts a hole in the wallet quickly.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:57 pm

This is where we went when I was a kid. I hope they are still open.

Bruce L. Real Tree Farm.

Near Marengo, Ind., about 45 miles from Louisville. (812) 944-8824

Take I-64 west to Marengo-Leavenworth exit (Exit 92). Take Ind. 66 north for 6 miles. The farm is on the left.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/