Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

Michele Brinke

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:34 am

Louisville

Can you donate 15 minutes of your time for our troops?

by Michele Brinke » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:24 am

This is a important event taking place on Christmas Eve at my restaurant and the Goss Ave Antique Mall.
This was originaly posted on the Schnitzileburg/Germantown Facebook page by our friend Danny Mac.

Kenny Sullivan from the Antique Mall saw something on TV last year about some soldiers that couldn't go home for Christmas because of money, time, or nobody to go home to. I remember seeing this too and it chokes you up a bit knowing that this happens. After hearing this, he called Fort Knox and had a little talk. He offered a place for the soldiers to spend the day, eat, and have a little fun. Lots of local businesses are joining together to help make this a good day for these 85 soldiers that will be visiting our neighborhood on Christmas Eve. They have most of the stuff covered like, food, gift boxes, and games. We just have an idea that could really touch the hearts of these soldiers and here it is. What if we lined up Goss Avenue with our people cheering or holding flags? I'm pretty sure we could have them take a left off of Eastern Pkwy and bring the busses down Goss Avenue to the Antique Mall. This would probably happen at 9:45am. I hope our neighbors and the city of Louisville can find time to honor these guys with 15 minutes. Bring the kids and show them what Christmas is all about. I'll share more info as it comes in. What do you think?

Please pass the word and come out and join us. For more updates check out our facebook pages.
Thank you and let's make this the best holiday ever! :D
Michele Brinke
The Children's Pantry
502-290-4584
http://www.thechildrenspantry.com