Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

A good word on the police...

no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

A good word on the police...

by Matthew D » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:08 pm

So, I posted regarding my disdain for the behavior of the sheriff department a few weeks ago.

Thought I should follow up with this one, to offer just what Fox News promises - "fair and balanced."

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20101111/ZONE09/311110050/Man+charged+with+felony+for+endangering+bicyclists++Oldham+police+looking+for+others

I'm beyond happy to see that the Oldham County police have applied the law and charged this person with felony wanton endangerment. I know there are a plethora of opinions regarding bicycles on roads and cyclists' actions/behavior. That being said, nothing excuses endangering a person's life through the use of multiple ton truck. Hopefully the prosecutor's office can take up the case with ample evidence and carry the charge to the stiffest conviction allowed by law.

Good job, OCP!
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: A good word on the police...

by Carla G » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:26 pm

That kind of behavior is just sick and pathetic. Hope they catch the sicko.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: A good word on the police...

by Ed Vermillion » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Both the Oldham County Police and Oldham County Sheriff Department do a good job. We are glad to have 'em.