Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Westport Road paving on hold over dispute

by JustinHammond » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:44 pm

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/ ... 1008/rss01

Paving work has stopped on the final phase of the Westport Road widening project because of a payment disagreement between the state Transportation Cabinet and the road contractor, according to the state.

Both sides say they are owed thousands of dollars
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Westport Road paving on hold over dispute

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:11 pm

JustinHammond wrote:Both sides say they are owed thousands of dollars

I was just thinking about this today as I negotiated the Route of Cones from Hubbards to the back entrance of Kroger. Will this never end?
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:03 pm

Wasn't there a story (maybe 6 or 7 years ago) about someone locally repaving a road on their own because they got fed up? I think we should be in the Guinness Book of World Records for this....lol!
no avatar
User

Steve A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am

turn left

by Steve A » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:58 am

Last weekend we saw them doing concrete work on the sidewalks. It will continue to be an "interesting" road to travel if the paving situation lasts through the winter.

On the other hand, the train horns through St. Matthews have stopped blowing, and all is right with the world (at least at 2 a.m.).
"It ain't a matter of pork 'n beans that's gonna justify your soul
Just don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll."
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:23 am

Steve A wrote:On the other hand, the train horns through St. Matthews have stopped blowing, and all is right with the world (at least at 2 a.m.).

Have they? It seemed to me as if they stopped for a while but then started again.
no avatar
User

Eliza W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Indian Hills

by Eliza W » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:53 am

I hope they do it soon, or someone is going to get hurt. I was driving yesterday on Westport (from Lyndon towards St. Matthews), and as the road started to make a slow turn, I heard some honking ahead. As I came around the corner, a car approached in my lane. The guy obviously became confused from all the cones. Luckily, I was able to pull off onto the unpaved shoulder, but I'm still not sure the guy knew that the honking coming from his lane was people trying to warn him to move back. I didn't see any crashes in my rearview mirror, though. Still, it's confusing.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:57 pm

They were working last night at 7:00 with the biggest crew I've seen to date. I'm hearing they will be done in about a week.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/