Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

Re: Trick or Treat times ?

by Becky M » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:20 am

Steve P wrote:
Becky M wrote:
Steve P wrote:

Charcoal biquettes ? I think not. We always give out those BIG assed candy bars...the full sized mammer-jammers. None of that "fun sized" stuff in this house. We figure if the little fellers go to the trouble of getting all dressed up that it's incumbent on us to get'em as jacked up on sugar as we possibly can. BTW, we also have hot cider for the parents...both "regular" and <eh-hem> "fortified".

Still getting a bit of the heeby-jeebies doing this stuff on the holy day...I'm thinking I might have to throw in a couple of extra "Our Fathers" and "Hail Mary's" this week.

BIG candy bars!!! you know those are the big guns for the kids right? i am positive you get squeals. and your address would be.............. of course i am asking because of the "fortified" cider.
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:25 am

We got into the habit of giving out the "big bars" because the kids remember who hooked them with good stuff and dont "egg" your house.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:35 am

John Hagan wrote:We got into the habit of giving out the "big bars" because the kids remember who hooked them with good stuff and dont "egg" your house.

Rat on brutha...Rat on.

Giving out apples on the other hand just about guarantees your house a good working over...and rightfully so I might add.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:44 am

My dad has worked in the corporate food sales for as long as I can remember, so he always had a good product hookup for Halloween.

Back in the 80s and early 90s my mom gave out Nestle Hot Chocolate. Kids loved it and would come back a few extra times. As my mom wasn't footing the bill, she was happy to get to know the neighborhood kids, see the costumes, and keep everyone happy.

Too bad "expense accounts" have tighter strings now. Those were the days of little accountability. And, well, you see where that got the economy!
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

by Becky M » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:56 am

wow..... i feel so naive sometimes. could that really be the reason some people give out "good" candy? when i used to give it out, i bought a variety, but it was all the regular funsize kind. Personally, i would think that a child would be happy getting more little ones that 1 big one.

............... as i typed it out i thought about it. then again the older kids 6+ i would think, are going to be smarter and realize they are getting more with the big ones.
Previous