Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Good simple photo software?

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Good simple photo software?

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:07 pm

(Also posted in the WineLovers forum.)

We have PhotoShop here and know how to use it, but my bride has a client who must be trained to size photos for web use, and we're looking for the simplest, most basic available software. Free or low-cost shareware a decided advantage. I like <b>Irfanview</b>, which is free and surprisingly powerful, but frankly, we're looking for something even simpler here.

There seem to be a lot of programs around that will let people make photo albums and slideshows from their snapshots, but most of them don't seem to make it easy to simply take a 3000x2000 pixel image straight from the cam and turn it into a 300x200 image for Web display.

Come to think of it, some participants in this forum might like to know of a program like this too, if such a thing exists.

Any ideas, anyone?
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:40 pm

You might take a look at Picasa, Robin. It is a free ownload from Google that lets you do alot with your digital photos. Version 3.0 is out, just google Picasa.
User

Ashley Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 pm

by Ashley Dunn » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:26 pm

Picasa is amazing. I'm addicted.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:43 am

Ed Vermillion wrote:You might take a look at Picasa, Robin. It is a free ownload from Google that lets you do alot with your digital photos. Version 3.0 is out, just google Picasa.

i second Picasa.

I use Photoshop CS2 for image editing,
but Photoshop has never been incredibly friendly for quick file viewing, and photo management/organization.

Picasa is super user friendly.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.