Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Looking for a house cleaning service

no avatar
User

BenjaminH

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Looking for a house cleaning service

by BenjaminH » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi Folks,

Can anyone recommend a good and trustworthy house cleaning service? Yesterday as I was mopping the floor and scrubbing I just realized I didn't like it so much. And I also realized that I could probably afford to have that chore taken off my hands.

But I don't actually know how much it costs to have a small (1500 square feet, 2.5 bathrooms) cleaned once a week.

If anyone has any recommends I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, Ben

PS We live in the Highlands.
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: Looking for a house cleaning service

by Paula B » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:41 pm

I have used Merry Maids-- they were very decent. Considerably more $$ than a single person just cleaning on the side. You would probably pay around 50-70 for a professional service for that size house. I have a woman 2x a month, and I am a much happier person when she comes. I'm not sure if she does the Highlands, but will ask her. Also, my son put on his facebook he was looking for cleaning help, and about 20 people wanted the job, as they were looking for extra work, or any work. About $10 -15 hour is average pay for single person. Hope this helps you let go of your mop.
no avatar
User

BenjaminH

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 09, 2009 1:15 pm

by BenjaminH » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Paula B wrote:I have used Merry Maids-- they were very decent. Considerably more $$ than a single person just cleaning on the side. You would probably pay around 50-70 for a professional service for that size house. I have a woman 2x a month, and I am a much happier person when she comes. I'm not sure if she does the Highlands, but will ask her. Also, my son put on his facebook he was looking for cleaning help, and about 20 people wanted the job, as they were looking for extra work, or any work. About $10 -15 hour is average pay for single person. Hope this helps you let go of your mop.

Paula: Thanks. I think I'll call up Merry Maids. I actually already saw their page online before you mentioned it, and that was what I was thinking about. I don't want to worry about social security, etc.

Thanks again, Ben
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:00 pm

I used Maid Pro (http://www.maidpro.com/louisvilleky/) when we lived in our condo in the Highlands. They did pretty good work and the staff and customer service folks were always great to work with, but they were on the pricey side. I think we paid about $110/clean every two weeks for a roughly 1400 square feet, 2 bed, 2 bath condo.

You can save with independent folks, but like you said, there's always that pesky Social Security issue. Look at the regs, though - if you pay less than a certain amount each year, you're not subject to it.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:50 am

My friend has her own cleaning service - "Carrie's Cleaning Care"

She is fully insured and specializes in using natural cleaning products. If you were looking to go the individual vs. a larger company route, she would be a great option.

435-6677

carriescoccola@yahoo.com
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Sara R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:23 am

by Sara R » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm not sure if you're still looking, but I've gone through several different cleaning services because I hadn't been satisfied (Maid Pro was one of them) I finally ended up trying "Maids Gone Green" and I've been very pleased so far. It's just a girl and her sister-in-law, which is nice because you always know who will be in your house and they get to know what you want, etc. I like that they use "green" products, too.