Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

ATT Uverse

no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Greater 'burbs of Detroit

ATT Uverse

by Madeline M » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:05 pm

Anyone else on here have UVerse? We just switched today, only to find out that Hallmark has been cut off and they may be dropping Food/Cooking/HGTV/DIY. :cry: Hubby's been wanting to switch for awhile to test out the internet (it's sweet!) and so he could get some specialty channels no one else carries. I finally give it a green light and this happens. We even made sure they had the channels we both watch most and the channel guide we were given today still lists Hallmark. Just a fair warning to others that are debating on switching, you may want to wait until it's clear if they are going to have Food, etc first!

I'm going to miss Mad Hungry and Everyday Food...I really liked those shows! Going to hang on to my Directv recievers for a few weeks and see what happens...
no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: ATT Uverse

by Madeline M » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:57 pm

We aren't supposed to be under any contract so that may be our saving grace if they do drop Food, etc. I really hope they won't drop them and will get Hallmark negotiated and back on air. The picture quality isn't much different than Directv's, but they do have a LOT more HD channels and I'm really liking the dedicated line internet.
no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Madeline M » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:43 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Food Network is GONE!!!!! While most of the shows are crap anymore, there were a few that were decent and I was really liking some of the older shows that were showing up on Cooking Channel...like the ones that were actually about cooking!

So if anyone's thinking of going UVerse...DONT DO IT!! We are going to give it a week or two and see if they get negotiations done, if not we'll be calling Directv back!
no avatar
User

AmyBK

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Main St. days, East End nights

by AmyBK » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:11 pm

We switched to Uverse last week and I have to say, so far I love it. It was easier for me to get a better deal out of AT&T than Insight, for the bundle I wanted. The installation could not have gone smoother. We have the integrated phone, TV and internet. The ability to pause the TV in one room and pick back up in another room, is very cool. I'm amused every time the caller id flashes on the TV screen. The internet connection is extremely fast. The phone sevice is VOIP on our existing equipment, and I can't tell a sound quality difference between the VOIP and the regular phone line.
So far, so good.

And they must have gotten the tiff resolved with Food Network and the Cooking Channel. Both are back on Uverse. I LOVE the Cooking Channel. They actually cook and explore different cuisines instead of another insipid Disney villain battle of the ridiculous cakes on the Food "Competition" Network.
no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Madeline M » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:46 pm

We are still with Uverse and since they got Food etc back there haven't been any major issues. Sometimes the HD channels will lag out or cut off for a minute or two, but we've just set all our recordings to do both channels just in case.