Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Insight Digital "Channel available shortly." GRRR

by Robin Garr » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:21 pm

GRRR. All our Insight Cable digital channels have been reading "ONE MOMENT PLEASE. This channel should be available shortly" for two days, and a pull-the-plug reboot does not help. (The Channel Guide, On Demand and DVR'd shows still work, though.)

They'd better fix it before World Cup!! Or ... anybody know a hack?
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Re: Insight Digital "Channel available shortly." GRRR

by Bill Veneman » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Well, I can't say anything because Direct goes out when there is a good thunderstorm, but I we to Direct because of $$$ and customer services (or lack thereof on Insight's part). Robin, I hope it comes back for you!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

by Jon K » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:52 pm

Robin Garr wrote:GRRR. All our Insight Cable digital channels have been reading "ONE MOMENT PLEASE. This channel should be available shortly" for two days, and a pull-the-plug reboot does not help. (The Channel Guide, On Demand and DVR'd shows still work, though.)

The exact thing happened to us a few months ago. Our cable tuner was dead and had to be replaced by Insight.
no avatar
User

Debbie Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Middletown

by Debbie Gray » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:10 am

Robin Garr wrote:GRRR. All our Insight Cable digital channels have been reading "ONE MOMENT PLEASE. This channel should be available shortly" for two days, and a pull-the-plug reboot does not help. (The Channel Guide, On Demand and DVR'd shows still work, though.)

DirecTV is not without its faults, it is greatly better than Insight Cable although. A properly installed DirecTV system will rarely loose signal due to weather conditions. The problem is most DirecTV systems are not properly installed due to lack of installer training. We are a locally owned and operated commercial and residential DirecTV dealer. Our president (my husband) is an electrical engineer. He has designed and istalled several systems for local restaurants. Our latest install was BoomBozz on Frankfort Ave.
We offer free consultations.
Ready to say goodbye to Insight? We did thats why we do DirecTV!
Business Technology Systems
502-454-6628
http://www.btsofky.com

Our Business Is Keeping Your Business In Touch!
no avatar
User

Steve A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am

turn left

by Steve A » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:25 am

I had the same problem twice at the end of last week, Robin. Try unplugging your DVR again, but leave it unplugged for 5 minutes or so, then plug it back in but allow it to reboot for 5 more minutes before turning it on.
"It ain't a matter of pork 'n beans that's gonna justify your soul
Just don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll."
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:41 am

Steve A wrote:I had the same problem twice at the end of last week, Robin. Try unplugging your DVR again, but leave it unplugged for 5 minutes or so, then plug it back in but allow it to reboot for 5 more minutes before turning it on.

Thanks, Steve. I tried that several times, but it didn't work for me, alas. Anyway, the Insight guy is coming today, and since we don't watch that much TV and have the Roku working, it wasn't much of a pain.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:52 am

We left Insight because of their lack of customer service, and have not looked back. Love my DirecTV. I can even program my DVR from my iPhone. :D
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Well, we have a new digital cable box, no charge. It appears that a sudden power outage fried the old box, and they guy brought in a new one from his truck, no questions asked.

In all fairness, I have to report that Insight exceeded my expectations for service. On my call-in, I was connected to a courteous, friendly and competent rep within one minute of working through voice mail prompts - around midday on a business day. She tried several tricks from there hoping to kick-start it, but no go, so she - on Friday midday - set up an appointment for a three-hour time span today, the next available business day. The guy came right smack in the middle of that period, calling ahead first. He, too, was courteous and competent, got the job done promptly (and made a new box-to-splitter cable for us because the old connectors "looked kind of worn out."

I was expecting the worst because of Insight's old reputation, but I've got to tellya: I was very impressed, and it's only right that I say so.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:41 pm

They came and switched our last DVR box out on a SUNDAY recently. :shock:
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:43 pm

I have the 3 services with Insight (Cable, Broadband Wi-Fi and telephone) and have found them to be courteous and efficient. They have great customer service imo.
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:10 pm

I only have 2 services with Insight (Cable and Broadband Wi-Fi) but I totally agree with you, Ed. I have found them to be courteous and efficient. My customer service has been flawless.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:07 pm

My problem with Insight is the constant rate hikes. With all the competiton between television and internet providers, I don't see how they can continue to raise rates.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:31 pm

JustinHammond wrote:My problem with Insight is the constant rate hikes. With all the competiton between television and internet providers, I don't see how they can continue to raise rates.

The price for our bundled package hasn't gone up in 3+ years. As a matter of fact, last year it dropped by a few bucks. Our bundle is insight phone, insight broadband, and cable.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:38 pm

I'm getting screwed. Mine has went up every year, cable and internet.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:56 pm

My problem is that they need to use better DVR boxes. For example, Moxi, used by Charter, has 2 or 3 times the storage space, and one box can service up to three TVs. Most other providers utilize boxes that mirror the capabilities of TiVo, such as larger storage, multi-room servicing, and online access to streaming movies and TV.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
Next