Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Help My Hair!

no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Greater 'burbs of Detroit

Help My Hair!

by Madeline M » Sat May 22, 2010 9:58 pm

I'm still in search of a decent hair stylist in town. I've been to the ones my friends have recommended and all I can say is my mom really can work miracles! She's had to repair several mistakes, the last one was more of severe after a large chunk was cut about 3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair. I'm too busy to drive home to have her do my hair and my hairs in desperate need of attention.

Prefer somewhere clean. If they are really good I'll drive most anywhere...it's still gotta be closer than 4 hours! Not too concerned about price if the talent is there. Prefer someone with more experience and someone that can do more trendy/edgy styles.

Did look at some of the previous posts on the forum, but looks like it's been over a year and know people move salons, find new stylists, etc. Appreciate any referrals!
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

Re: Help My Hair!

by Michelle R. » Sun May 23, 2010 8:25 am

Chris Avery at Shear Artistry on Baxter is the best kept secret in town, and he's very reasonable. Their number is 454-5050.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Mon May 24, 2010 9:38 am

I have been going to Jessica Cohen at Twisted Salon in St Matthews for about 6 months and really like her. She is very conscientious and appears to be able to do more traditional styles (me!) as well as more modern ones. In fact most everyone working in the shop seems like they do a good job and the clientele is definitely a mix of younger and older people.
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

by Megan Watts » Mon May 24, 2010 10:28 am

I hear you about the clean part. I went to one salon a couple times and was really bothered by how dirty it was. I also have issues with stylists that smoke. I know it's their right, but they're right up in your face at the shampoo bowl and it seems like some of them smoke like chimneys.

Hope you find someone and then tell me who you use! I'm always on the hunt for someone great! I go to Runnin' with Scissors in Jtown right now. The girl does a good job, but I guess I keep comparing everyone to my fantastic stylist in Tucson that I can't get over!