Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!

Theatrelouisville.org

User

Sherry Deatrick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:01 pm

Theatrelouisville.org

by Sherry Deatrick » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:21 pm

I am the new webmistress of http://www.theatrelouisville.org. Come on over and take a look -- I'm adding new features daily.

Just posted a review by Cory Vaughn of Walden Theatre Alumni Company's production of "Art" by Yazmina Reza.

New regular column by local playwright/director/artist Jeffrey Scott Holland, author of "Weird Kentucky."

TheatreLouisville.org is the only place you'll find reviews and news of ALL theater, not just what fits on the printed page.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Theatrelouisville.org

by TP Lowe » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:06 am

With the CJ having punted its theater critic (Judy Edgerton), independent reviewers are going to become ever more important.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:18 am

Sherry Deatrick wrote:TheatreLouisville.org is the only place you'll find reviews and news of ALL theater, not just what fits on the printed page.

Sounds like you're shooting to be the HotBytes of theatre, Sherry! I'll put a link to you under "Other Louisville Stuff" on our HotLinks page.* Best wishes on this venture! Any time we can back each other up, let's do it. :)

_______
* Done!
User

Sherry Deatrick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:01 pm

by Sherry Deatrick » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Thanks Robin! I was planning to add a "links" section to my site and will definitely add this one once i get it going. Learning HTML and web design is a slow process for me!

Thanks again!!!

And if anyone is interested in doing some reviews, please go to the website and check out the "Want to Review?" section. No pay, but you get free tickets to the show. I am looking for people with good writing skills and knowledge of theater. I am changing the focus from the peer reviews to more of an arts journalism slant, and hopefully this will help fill the void in print journalism.

Other plans down the road -- I'd like to expand coverage to all the "Lively Arts," e.g., opera, ballet, dance, orchestra...Remember when the Louisville Times had the Lively Arts section? Those were the days!

And last, if anyone knows how to contact Roger Fristoe, please let me know. I would love to have him contribute to the website.

thanks thanks thanks