Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!

Sgt. Pepper

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Sgt. Pepper

by Kim H » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Just a reminder of what a great album this is!!!! We just listened to it, and I can't tell you how much infulence this music/album has had in my life. Sit and listen to this in the dark (best with Christmas lights), or on a sunny drive, either works. What a masterpiece.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Sgt. Pepper

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:05 am

Kim H wrote:Just a reminder of what a great album this is!!!! We just listened to it, and I can't tell you how much infulence this music/album has had in my life. Sit and listen to this in the dark (best with Christmas lights), or on a sunny drive, either works. What a masterpiece.

Loved the original, loved it on CD, love it on the iPhone!
no avatar
User

J Dylan

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:59 am

Re: Sgt. Pepper

by J Dylan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:54 am

I completely agree. I listened to the album last night ,while sitting outside under the stars, enjoying some aged bourbon. Not even considering how influential the album was, it is just amazing to listen to.

Rolling Stone, I'll refrain from critiquing their articles and views on politics and societal issues, lists this as the #1 album of all-time.