Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Louisville Rock Icon Passes Away

by Steve P » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Just learned from our friends in the Louisville rock music community that "Big Rock Show" guitarist David Ernspiker passed away in his sleep earlier this week. David was a "working musician" in the Louisville area for almost two decades and had performed with many of the top area bands. In addition to being one helluva rocker David was active in the community and in his church; "The Heart of Fire City Church". We had the opportunity to visit with David between sets one evening and found him to be a gentle giant of a man who knew what rock and roll was supposed to be.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Todd Pharris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

Re: Louisville Rock Icon Passes Away

by Todd Pharris » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:18 am

Although I saw the Big Rock Show play several times, I didn't know Dave personally. However, judging by the outpouring of tributes on Facebook, etc. he was loved in this community.

My thoughts are with his friends and family at this time.
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

Re: Louisville Rock Icon Passes Away

by Wes P » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:42 am

He along with a couple of guys came in late one night months ago. He was very rude and abusive to the staff. Later, i found out who he was and saw a couple of shows live. He was a tremendous musician. Loved his shows. I never approached him to discuss his visit, just let it go. He seemed to be very bitter about his physical condition and took it out on us that night. Very sorry about his passing and he seemed to touch alot of people.
The Original Impellizzeri's Pizza
www.impellizzeris.com