Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!

One Night of Queen

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

One Night of Queen

by Gayle DeM » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Just got back from One Night of Queen performed by Gary Mullen and the Works. Wow! The guy was amazing. He had the mannerisms down pat and the voice was right on.

I looked for you and Becky, Steve. Were you there?
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

Re: One Night of Queen

by Paul Mick » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:45 pm

That looked like so much fun, and I wish I could have made it out. Unfortunately this is Block Week II, and I've got 3 tests on Friday. I hope they come back eventually. Glad you had a good time, Gayle!
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:16 am

Gayle DeM wrote:Just got back from One Night of Queen performed by Gary Mullen and the Works. Wow! The guy was amazing. He had the mannerisms down pat and the voice was right on.

I looked for you and Becky, Steve. Were you there?

Gayle,

We're squirreling away our entertainment dollars in anticipation of having to pay $500 a seat (after market) for U2 tickets.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

amy lyons

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Highlands

by amy lyons » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:12 pm

For U2 in Chicago we went the route of $55 floor tickets - get there early and be close to the stage sounds like fun to me. Yeah, you are standing for the entire show, but I would be doing that if I had a seat anyway.
"All I ask of food is that it doesn't harm me."
Michael Palin