Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Lucky Pineapple @ Glassworks this Saturday

by Brad Keeton » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:15 pm

See below for more information (not written by me). LP puts on a great show.

On Saturday March 28, Lucky Pineapple is bringing its live show back to Glassworks. Currently working out a new record deal, planning a video shoot, plotting a national tour, and having just rocked the city of Lexington, the Pineapples are coming back energized and ready to wow another hometown audience. Expect the unexpected.

We are also proud to present two great bands. If you've never heard Casper & the Cookies, do yourself a favor. Dismiss any preconceived notions. Forget that Jason played with of Montreal. Forget about the ties to the Elephant 6 Collective. Forget about them playing a show as Daniel Johnston's band. Cast aside the reports of live shows replete with fake eyelashes, though it does look fantastic. You're going to have to take Casper & the Cookies on their own terms. Fail to do so and you will miss some of the most original pop music to come along in years. Over the course of three albums Athens, GA's finest have managed to carve out an aesthetic all their own, a labyrinthine tangle of ear-worm melodies, plot-twist production, and the history of popular music. This
is good news for those waiting for another XTC or Elvis Costello, ambitious artists that never left their audiences wondering where the catchy songs went.

Also joining the bill for the evening is the self-proclaimed 4th best band in Indiana, Everything, Now! I have seen them and they are awesome, but don't just take it from me. My Old Kentucky Blog says "you hear lots of Bowie, Flaming Lips, Beach Boys/Panda Bear-stylings, a little Man Man and Gogol Bordello and they throw in the kitchen sink for good measure as well. Everything, Now! takes it all in a whole new incredibly interesting, sometimes absurd and amazingly original direction, and you should check them out."

The night will end with fire spinning by The Phoenix Collective and a glassblowing demonstration by McKinley Moore. Doors open at 9. Show starts at 10. Admission is $7. Glassworks is located at 815 West Market Street.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Re: Lucky Pineapple @ Glassworks this Saturday

by Brad Keeton » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:10 am

I just wanted to add that the music will all take place in the space formerly occupied by the Jazz Factory, which is very cool.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown